The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Unexpected find - Mines ECU

Heyrick

So I was preparing to fit el-glo dials today and was trying to figure out the mess of wiring left by the importer's km/mph converter. I knew there should be a wire down to the ECU but couldn't see it. I went to look at the ECU end and found a Mines plaque on the ECU. That looks odd says I and a quick search on here reveals it's a great piece of kit for what I'm doing with the car. :thumbs:

Uprated fuelling

higher boost

higher revs

FCD

Speed delimiter

Thought it went well at the pod a few years ago!

This follows the realisation the other day that it already had braided hoses on the brakes. :cool:

It's nice to get free upgrades for a change.

All this after 6 years of ownership!! :blink:

On my drive home from Whifbitz after buying my UK spec a few years ago, I noticed there was no sound coming from the rear speakers. I had a play with the stereo settings, and suddenly there was loads of bass!

When I got home, i removed the rear speaker covers to find 2x Kicker 8" Subwoofers professionally fitted (with very well made mdf mounts and loads of sound deadening) powered by 2x small JL audio amps under the passenger seat. There was nothing in the description of the car about this, so it was a very nice added bonus!

It may be more than generic map tweaks mate, Mines ECUs can be built to order ;) Email Mines in Japan with your serial number and they can tell you whats what

Yes, I realise it could be more.. I found a link where you can send the serial no. to Mines and they will tell you what they did. Will be doing that tomorrow.:D

Also found this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]137563[/ATTACH]

Result!!

2 of something from Macdonalds!!! Yay!

Unfortunately, it's in Japan and expired in 2000. Never mind, still chuffed with ECU though.

Feel a bit Time Teamish now - a link with the previous owner.

Its a coupon for almond choco ice cream, 2 for 120yen....

Small treasure that....

Its a coupon for almond choco ice cream, 2 for 120yen....

Small treasure that....

Thanks for the interpretation!! Yummy!

In true time team fashion I now have enough info to draw pictures of the previous owner, his family and his house. I should be able to accurately predict their eating and sleeping habits as well as knowing the weather the day the voucher slipped out the back of the glove box!

Thanks for the interpretation!! Yummy!

In true time team fashion I now have enough info to draw pictures of the previous owner, his family and his house. I should be able to accurately predict their eating and sleeping habits as well as knowing the weather the day the voucher slipped out the back of the glove box!

Damn, that is mad skills you got there...:D

And the reply from Mines:

>>Dear Mr. White,

The basic specs of the ecu is

Fuel mapping has been optimized

Injection and ignition timing adjusted

Speed limiter has been cut

Rev limiter has been raised 500 rpms

Designed to run on 100 RON(at the least 98 RON) rating octane gasoline

Boost set on the ecu at 1.0kg (set at a safe level. Possible to boost higher depending on the circumstances, but boost at your own risk.)

Best Regards,

Daniel Larson

Mine's Co., Ltd.

What a prompt reply!