The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TonyTT's Crank Pulley Luckyness !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geo

So nipped out to see Tony who had broken down, power steering heavy, temp gauge through the roof, time i got there he had found the problem. Now look at the pic? The problem were getting our head round the Main crank pulley where the Huge nuts goes in, is still in tact, along with the Belt, running around whats left, just slack due to well it falling to bits. Check it out -

yeah but would they not take out the belt, as in belt coming off? the belt was left in tact and around the remaining crank pulley :blink:

I had that after the Nurburgring in 2009, didn't even realise until Bignum noticed it sitting on the engine undertray when we were waiting for the ferry home.

Check what's in my hand. :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=137367&d=1313614057

6770_105879382966_625322966_2315843_508973_n.jpg

Tony you lucky bugger! Mine done the same a year after I got my supra! But I was in Newquay on a mates stag weekend! 13 and a half hours on several recovery trucks and tearing the bumper off putting it on the first one and I finally got home!

Not the cheapest of things to replace but get hold of Chris Wilson he had a couple of low milage ones for sale recently :)

Tippex test?

yeah you mark the crank pulley, and belt then start car, if they dont line up in the same position, then the belt/pulley is slipping, time to change

As Geo said. I've been meaning to do it since I got the car, just to make sure it's not going to go.

Hope it's not to far mate as the driving time regs are bull*$! now an they will only take you a certain distance then put you on another truck! :(

10miles from home it happenned mate i was in two minds to dump it and get a taxi about 10pm glad i never though.