The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HKS Direct Multi Recorder GPS

JamieP

Race Render will (probably) log as many channels as you want from your Syvecs and allow synching to an on board camera, if you wanted to do more sophisticated stuff. It's cheap as chips, should you want to do some logging on track, or on the drag strip. It will log from my Motec easily enough. The HKS box of tricks looks great value though, and dead easy to use if you just want a record of your driving and speed, and G forces. Practice whipping out the card in case you get stopped on the road :)

http://www.racerender.com

Please post up some videos from this, I have a customer who I mentioned this to, and he's mad to see how well it works. I bought the pro version of Race Render, that allows all sorts of stuff to be shown, and things to be custom designed to suit, but here's a vid showing it in it's basest form, with only minimal stuff logged on screen, added to an existing basic vid of my GTS-t taken at Oulton.

http://www.chriswilson.tv/oulton.wmv

EDIT: Fixed link for you, Chris.

Edited by johnny g (see edit history)

Your clutch issue. Does the clutch slip when the pedal won't return, or is it acting as though the pedal was released (up)? If it doesn't slip it's 99.9% hydraulic related.

Not slipping, when changing gear at high rpm the pedal sticks to the floor. Drive it normally and it's fine, although it may not be related to high rpm, just the force in which the pedal is being used.

Looks like a nice peice of kit & I like the fact you can have more than 1 camera.

I am pretty dissapointed with the resolution and FPS though... its a little bit low for a £300+ device.

At the moment I use a software called alaprecorder HD for my HTC Desire £4 (https://market.android.com/details?id=net.adyno.alaprecorderhd) with a 10hz bluetooth GPS reciver £40

Has the following features...

» Automatic (via GPS) or Manual Track selection (with start/finish lines and sectors already mapped)

» Supports up to 1080p HD video recording

» Support for External 5/10hz GPS receivers

» Racing lap timer stopwatch

» Speed, bearing and altitude display

» OBDII ELM 327 datalog interface to ECU (Bluetooth dongle needed)

» OBD data includes rpm, MAF, Throttle (Bluetooth dongle needed)

» GPS satellite location lap overlay

» Google Maps overlay

» Peak G-Meter indication

» Export Blue Screen Video

» Export to RaceRender2

» Export to RaceChron2AVI

» Save or send charts in PNG format

» Save logged OBD2 data in CSV format

» Calculates lap times

» Calculates ave & max speeds

» Calculates sector times

» Calculates 0-60 mph & 0-100 mph split timing

Probably find the HKS one is more accurate when it comes to G force readings which is probably what you pay for and the fact that for the software i mentioned you need a Andriod phone which is kinda annoying if you dont have one.

Edited by ManwithSupra (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...
Yeah, we pulled over, he said he knew the car from my youtube videos, sussed it was me when he see the plate, he was slightly gobsmacked at how easy i beat him each run :D

Excellent. Obviously couldn't see his face in the vid but judging by his head he did look rather surprised lol. Rather than a double take he had about 10 takes as you went ripping past.