The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RDS_1992's Supra Progress ( 27/11/11 Bucket Seats & Harness In )

Supra-duper

This is just a little thread to keep track of progress with my Supra...

It was imported in 1999 & owned for ten years by original uk owner then sold to an existing mkivsupra.net member in Dec 2009 who owned it until my purchase in Dec 2010. I think I'm the youngest TT owner on here at 18, and no it is not sponsored by "mommy & daddy"! Although big thanks to my dad as he's helped me out a great deal with anything mechanical!.. So far I've changed the exhaust, front bumper, panel filter, tyres, discs and pads, dash panels and tyres. I have took the Supra down the 1/4 at Santapod Raceway and managed a 13.9 @ 104mph, so the aim is to go full BPU and try again, hopefully crack the 12's!

The car has already got the following mods as of 16/08/11:

HKS SSQV, HKS Turbo Timer, TRD Panel Filter, 3" Cat Back Exhaust, 3" Second De-cat Pipe, 18" Staggered Ruff Racing Alloys, Facelift Front & Rear Lights, Eibach Pro 40mm Front Springs, Anthracite Dash Panels, Front Badge Recess Smoothed, Full Respray Jan 2010, Smoked Indicators, Active Spoiler, Silent Coat Vibro Damping Deadened Front Doors, MB Quartz 6.5" Components & JVC KD-R301 Head-unit.

Here's a picture of when I first had her on the road:

How she stands now:

And here's one at Santapod:

Edited by Supra-duper (see edit history)

Leave it white dude. Everyone knows all the best Supras are white.

To be honest, everyone whose seen the car has told me to keep it white, just some have said lose the black but time will tell with that. Either way it needs a full respray as the current job they've done isn't great, whether it stays white or changes colour I don't know :)

• 2 weeks later...
Hiya

Nice to be "friends" on here! lol

Its a lovely car having seen it in the flesh and have to agree with hodge - leave it white :)

Cheers :)

Was impressed with yours as well, love the seats and the bonnet! See you at Trax! I'll be having a go at the 0-60 thing at some point during the day hopefully.

• 1 month later...

Got a few updates since my first post :) Had the first de-cat done now in 3" stainless with restrictor ring, painted my calipers, fitted a HKS fuel cut defender and lastly fitted some NGK BCPR7ES CC spark plugs.

Here's a picture of the exhaust I had already had made beforehand:

And here's with the first de-cat which I've just had fitted as well:

HKS Fuel Cut Defender:

Spark plugs:

& Lastly the painted and stickered calipers:

I think I'm the youngest TT owner on here at 18, and no it is not sponsored by "mommy & daddy"!.......

What's your insurance on the Auto TT!? Are you the only named driver on a personal policy!?

I pay £2300 with Admiral, thats value as £5000, kept on my drive, limited mileage at 5000 per year, me as the main driver and policy holder with two additinal named drivers. It's a lot of money but not much more than it was to insure a corsa believe it or not.

On the 4th Septemeber I went to Trax car show at Silverstone. Had a nosey round a few other members cars and had a go at the 0-60 sprint event. Managed to run 4.92 seconds to 60, which i though was pretty good. & Yes I did take the headlight out, fold the mirrors in and put the active spoiler up to gain valuable milliseconds! :D

Here's a really poor picture, of a picture, of me doing the 0-60 sprint:

Decided I had better fit a boost gauge so bought a TIMS 2 Bar gauge off ebay and fitted that. Pretty simple to fit as it slotted straight into the hole where the digi clock was and wired it to light up and dim with dimmer switch etc. Looks pretty good and shows me making 0.7 bar off the first turbo and 1.0/1.1 off the second turbo. Also had a play with some vinyl carbon wrap and did the ashtray cover.

Boost gauge all lit up:

Ashtray vinyl:

Thought i'd say hi on here too dude, im Jack locally with the gunmetal TT6 facelift you added on facebook, car looks rather smart, liking the skirts!

Alright mate, good to see you on here as well! just had a look at the pictures of yours and it looks stunning... rather envious im not going to lie! Think we should arrange a mini meet, i know of at least four supra's, possibly five that would be up for it.

Thought I'd better do a bit of work to the interior... my aim is to be in the 12's on the 1/4 mile so decided to shed some weight, stripped the rear seats, space saver, rear speakers, boot trim etc. and decided to paint it in satin black to tidy it all up a bit. Also added some cargo nets to keep luggage on without it sliding about and scratching my freshly painted floor. As well as this I decided to dye my carpets and roof lining black which has turned out really well, much better than the old grey. I took a trip to Demontweeks recently as well and bought a Sabelt 3 point harness so fitted that whilst I was doing the interior. I am aware I'll need to get a roll cage in asap as harnesses aren't a good idea in non caged cars from what I've read.

Rear stripped out & painted:

Carpets black:

Headlining black (Can just make out the harness as well):

But having done all this and giving her a quick wash afterwards I noticed I had a cracked disc on the rear :( So going to be ordering new rear discs and pads. Shall probably change the brake fluid whilst I'm there and have a look at some braided hoses.

Cracked rear disc:

After a quick wash:

Carpet and headlining came out good from the look of it...what dye did you use!?

Yeah they came out pretty good to be honest, a lot better than I imagined and transform the inside. I work as a full time valeter so just used our black carpet dye from KLC chemicals to do it. Works well and cost me nothing! :D