The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tyres again.... Anyone tried Kumho V70?

JamieP

Need some new tyres, R888's are silly now, over £700 for a pair of rears (335/30/18) on my car.

Kumho do a V70 trackday tyre that looks ok and Wheels In Motion will do a pair for about £500, anyone tried them? thinking of giving them a go.

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m118b0s696p9704/KUMHO_TYRES_TRACKDAY_TRACK_DAY_KUMHO_V70A_ECSTA_KUMHO_V70_A_-_335_30R18_102W_%28K60-MEDIUM%29_TL_

no personal experience but i'm sure Terry S's / Nick Karkie's old single car (that went on to be Ernie's/cheifgroovers) had them (or an earlier incarnation - definitely kumho) at a time I think R888's weren't around.........popular in the states I think too and come in various compounds too if memory serves?

I did a lot of reading about these and there was a lot of stuff around about getting them shaved to reduce the likelihood of blistering due to heat cycling requirements or something like that. I never really reached any conclusion but a bit of googling with V70, shaving, and heat cycling might throw up some info.

I did a lot of reading about these and there was a lot of stuff around about getting them shaved to reduce the likelihood of blistering due to heat cycling requirements or something like that. I never really reached any conclusion but a bit of googling with V70, shaving, and heat cycling might throw up some info.

Ive read about this heat cycling a few times now, interesting stuff, get them up to a gentle temp and then leave them a couple of days to settle before using again or something like that.

Ive also noticed if i do any sort of dyno run on a set of tyres they are shot after it, seems if they overheat i get next to no grip with them after that.

what about the driftworks ones, I was running them, before I went into the drag ones look like R888 and are very good I think, Driftworks use them one ther cars .

They dont do them in 335's mate.