The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bodykit doesn't fit at all?

seba

Ok i just went to pick up a bomexbodykit from Knightracer last saturday for someone back here in Belgium. Now he just called me after testfitting the kit at the bodyshop. Centimeter gaps everywhere? I was 'warned' that the frontbumper would need some work in the midsection to fit properly, but it seems not one part fits even a bit. Frontbumper sticks out like 2cm on the sides. Owner of the bodyshop said it's almost unpossible to start work on this as it would be like manufacturing a bodykit themselfs.

Now the guy i got the bodykit for has been in tuningshows for ages and knows what he is talking about, and he isn't even a bit upset with me as i just picked the kit up and couldn't know.

Just wanted to ask you guys if anyone has had this problem before with a bodykit or with Knightracer? Is this comon in UK?

Ive had loads of stuff from them over the years, never once had an issue (execpt for rubbish seibon parts i supplied) have you or your friend tried calling them?

I'm getting some pictures of my mate tomorrow as he lives pretty far of, based on that i will give Knightracer a call and send them some pics. I know you can't expect 100% fitment, but spending another 1000£ at the bodyshop just to get it fitted is rather rediculous.

I had a front lip off them , and it was the same as you are saying it did not fit at all ,i was willing to do some work to make it fit but as you are saying it was unusable, so i rang them and sent it back they did refund my money in full . They should not be selling stuff that is that bad i could tell it was rubbish the second i got it out of the box . so there is no way they did not know it was no good .

Rich.

I totally see your point jamie on that one , but in my case i work for a bodyshop and i was fitting the lip to the bumper myself , I test fitted it to the bumper and took it straight off as it was just no where near the right shape for the bumper and as i told them on the phone i would not fit that lip to a £500 ford fiesta get alone my pride and joy . Rich.

£1000 to fit a bumper? Thats the trouble with having paint shops fit parts they have not supplied, they will alays say fitment is terrible to justify charging more themself.

Actually you won't believe this but the bodyshop said it will cost about 3000€ to fit the bodykit...obviously i didn't want to post that here as it would be laughed away, like i did.

It's not about the bodyshop asking money it's about the bodykit needing more work than making one yourself out of wood and recycled cat litter. The guy who i picked the kit up for knows his bodykits as he has fitted many of them in his life, if he says it's total crap than i will find it hard not to believe him. Says one of the holes in the frontbumper to fit the foglights in is oval while the other one is round.

I bought a bomex front end a while ago through knightracer and paid an additonal £200 for fitment.... Was awful. Sold the bumper in the end. Hated it, and the terrible fitment. Never again. Settled for a second hand doluck in the end... Sounds like alot of people have had mixed experiences though... =).

this is the state of the trd wings i got off them in the link,sadly i dont think its a one off .

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?235474-trd-wings-trial-fit

Looks like the same indeed. Glad for you that you got your refund. I only paid a deposit of 100£ trough paypal and the rest in cash at pickup, so don't have the paypal protection i guess. I will contact them today and see what can be resolved as i can't imagine they would just let it be this way.

• 3 months later...

Well it took a long time but everything with Knightracer has been solved. They asked to bring me the kit back and in return i(or my mate who the bodykit was for) could choose other parts for the same amount of money and even a nice discount for the trouble. No hard feelings towards them, Albert is a great bloke to deal with it all just took a bit longer because i live in Belgium i and had to transport the kit back to UK. My mate for who the bodykit was ended up buying other parts from knightracer for the same amount of money and bought a Bomexkit from a company in Holland.

Case closed :)