The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newbie from Scotland

Ross C

Hi guys, new member but not current owner of a supra. currently drive a 2006 Mini One7 but am looking into the possibility of buying a non-turbo supra.

Suprisingly for a young lad(19 atm) the insurance is great for it but trying to persuade my financial advisor (Bank of Dad) that it would be a good thing for me.

Would like to ask members about the practicality of the day to day running of a supra in an attempt to sway his idea that they are only suitable as a weekend/hobby car.

Any information and personal opinions on the matter would be a great education for me.

Thanks

Mini.jpgMini2.jpg

Mini One 7.jpg

Hi and welcome to the club bud. An N/A supra is a good daily driver havent owned an N/A myself but there good cars. Theres lots of info on here its a world of knowledge mate if you use the search button. Don't expect to tune the N/A and see big differences in the power as the cost will outway any performance gains.

Good luck with you're search mate and when you get the car post some pics up! :)

N/As are bullet proof bud. If you get a decent one that's been serviced well for its life, and continue to service it appropriately it will probably outlive you :D

The major downfall with them is the fuel, tax and insurance costs. The same goes for all performance cars nowadays though. Make sure that your insurance quotes are for MKIVs though, sometimes the companies mix them up (happened a lot previously) and they give quotes for the MKIII which is a fair bit cheaper.

Welcome to the forum and happy hunting.

Guest Budz86

I've had an NA for a daily driver for the best part of three years. Serviced every year and she never missed a beat, started first time, every time. As said the downside is the fuel costs as they are on the up at the moment, likewise with insurance.

That aside, if you have the money to cover it you won't have to put much into parts as they don't tend to go wrong. Have a search for the 'what to look for when buying a supra' thread and I'm sure you'll find it a worthwhile read.

Welcome to the club

Cheers for the welcome and advice guys.

Scott M - Ive been usind autotrader and ebay in conjunction with confused.com and have had about 20 quotes between £1700 and £3000 and there were some twin turbos in that range!! I pay £1200 a year for my mini so i see £500-1000 more a year driving my dream car as an absolute bargin!!

Budz86 - i will be using you as "case study 1" to persude my dad haha

drift_bear - i would love to come along to a meet and have a look at members cars to give me some ideas. im really looking for a stock car, or as near as possible, so i can make it my own

Style - yeah we are sort of in the same boat but i'd rather be in yours lol. looking forward to seeing ur pics mate

Edited by Ross C (see edit history)