The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Guigsy took me out in his single turbo...

evinX

If its slower than his TT auto, i doubt it some how:)

its at 520 horses, your at 1000, imagine when he does the other half:D seriously though im looking at turbo supras in a different way now, very awesome cars! cant imagine what yours must feel like jamie, must get back problems:D

I'm still a single virgin......wait, that came out wrong lol. Hopefully get a ride in one at JAE.

I was going to offer rides down the strip at Pod but after the first run with Gav, I got told off for doing over 130 with a passenger :D

That and the dodgy clutch.

Rofl Kev you nut.

Yeah Jamie I only managed a 13.3 at 115 in the end. Same as my uk auto. Was a bit dissapointed but I've never had a manual down the strip... It's a lot more difficult to launch! No idea how you manage it with double the hp. Im definately not competition :p. 1st and 2nd were prety much useless. The rears are only a 30 profile aswell so not much give in them. And I wasn't doing much burnout with it being a new car etc.

The car it's self I'm not happy with yet. There are a few niggley issues that have come up since i could drive the car. The ps rack is weeping somewhere. I realised it doesn't have any AC which is annoying. And after everything is good and warm after about 30 mins of driving it's very hard to get it into reverse. And 1st gets harder. I'm hoping it's just in need of a gearbox oil change.

Oh and the 4" exhaust and screamer is doing my head in. As are the bucket seats :p but that will be sorted when I get my uk back :)

Oh yeah, the wiring is a jumble and the speedo doesn't work :p

Then there are a few bits of bodywork... Bit of a project.

But I have to say a massive thanks to ash at garage 786 for getting the car ready for pod at quite short notice. And Ryan for mapping it. (that stalling issue I think was my shitty driving mate ;) It hasnt happened since I've got used to the car)

The ps rack is weeping somewhere.

Check the big banjo fitting on the steering box on the rack. Mine has been corroding away over the years behind the plastic sleeve and finally blew a pinhole in it after some spirited driving :) If you have an undertray with the material still on it, it absorbes a LOT of PAS fluid so you might not see any leaks on the floor yet.

And after everything is good and warm after about 30 mins of driving it's very hard to get it into reverse. And 1st gets harder. I'm hoping it's just in need of a gearbox oil change.

That's more likely to be clutch drag. Do you have to put the clutch to the floor to shift? I've experienced it before after a few drag launches, with an RPS street max.

Hope that helps with a couple of the niggles :)

-Ian