The mkiv Supra Owners Club

VVTi Top Rad Pipe - Can anyone make me one?

johnny g

Just a bit of a side-note. You can still fit a coolant temp sensor in your hose bud. You just need a bit of straight through pipe with the temp sensor welded into it. Then cut the silicone hose in the centre (maybe take a half inch off it at the same time) and place the pipe in the gap. Of course you would need another 2 clamps but that's easily done.

Another option is to put the temp sensor in the upper coolant elbow thing, where the stock sensors are :)

As Scott says put it in the water elbow. You can put it in the stock sensor position or if you want you stock gauge to work still you can have an extra boss welded on and fit it there.

Have a look at Geo's build thats what i did with his one.

Just a bit of a side-note. You can still fit a coolant temp sensor in your hose bud. You just need a bit of straight through pipe with the temp sensor welded into it. Then cut the silicone hose in the centre (maybe take a half inch off it at the same time) and place the pipe in the gap. Of course you would need another 2 clamps but that's easily done.

Another option is to put the temp sensor in the upper coolant elbow thing, where the stock sensors are :)

As Scott says put it in the water elbow. You can put it in the stock sensor position or if you want you stock gauge to work still you can have an extra boss welded on and fit it there.

Have a look at Geo's build thats what i did with his one.

It's more of a cosmetic thing really as well guys :) Thanks anyways.

Are we talking sensor for the stock gauge or for the ecu? Stock gauge is fine, it WILL go up if it gets uncomfortably warm, I can assure you, I have seen plenty that go right into the red. It's probably a damned sight more reliable than any Defi or similar stuff. You have a competent ad very configurable ecu there, just add a channel to put a *leedin' big LED on if it goes over say 119 C . Same with oil pressure. Engine > 1500 RPM : Oil Pressure ?).

Are we talking sensor for the stock gauge or for the ecu? Stock gauge is fine, it WILL go up if it gets uncomfortably warm, I can assure you, I have seen plenty that go right into the red. It's probably a damned sight more reliable than any Defi or similar stuff. You have a competent ad very configurable ecu there, just add a channel to put a *leedin' big LED on if it goes over say 119 C . Same with oil pressure. Engine > 1500 RPM : Oil Pressure ?).

It's mainly for the stock gauge, Chris. I agree about the coolant though, I'll ask Ryan to set up the warning on the ECU when I go for mapping...