The mkiv Supra Owners Club

BOV hose question - diagram request?

Florin

Hi new here and needing some advice, got a bov on the way but not sure wich hose goes where. I have a 94 tt stock with a cpl bpus. The car was wrecked and Ive repaird it. Engine runs/sounds good and drives good, unless I step on it. when I hit 3k the engine dies but will start right back up. A friend thinks that because its >>( missing boost controller and bov)!!! both are on their way.) Its buliding to much boost and the ecu is shutting the engine down. ?????

The problem is that once they get here, Im not sure which hose goes where??? Tried to put a pic up but not sure if im doing something wrong or in norm takes awhile??

I have one hose coming from the front turbo

one coming off the wastegate right in front of the front turbo

one that comes off of the steel line on the outer right if your facing the engine((that 90s to the left)))

And one more that is in the very right hand corner in the back of throttle body,, all though I think that one has nothing to do with the turbos or boost???

And once all this is in and I get a gauge what is a good number psi of boost to run stock tt @????

Thanks in advance

Florin

Edited by Gaz6002 (see edit history)

Guest neo9918

This might be better in the tech section mate. As far as the bov placements goes you could put it where the stock one goes, which at the moment i seem completely unable to find a picture of, or weld it onto the hardpiping.

Also im not sure these items will solve your problem, a fair few people appear to run their supras with no bov without a problem, and the ecu should be setting stock boost levels, so there could be a different problem than you expect. Ill have a search for a bov placement pic in a bit.

OK, I wasn't going to say anything, but I've taken pity on you.

The reason you're not getting any replies is because you've used a spurious thread title in totally the wrong section of the forum. I've fixed both of these things for you and hopefully you should have your question answered soon.

One more thing: try using the search facility before posting. These things have very often been covered several times before.

It sounds from your intial description that you are massively over boosting on the 1st turbo and I reckon you'll have the vacuum hoses in the wrong place, there is a lot of them and its easy to mess it up.

The stock system is designed to cut the engine off if you go above 1bar...it'll will cut out with a jolt and then start up again once it goes below 1bar. This is fuel cut.

Plenty of supras run without BOV's, with recirculating BOV's or aftermarket ones without any problems - I would definately get myself a Boost Gauge so you can see what is happening, if you get one and tee it in close to the manifold - read the boost and I bet that its rising far to fast and way over 1bar - you'll end up blowing the turbo's if you carry on trying to fix it without a gauge to read.

Have a search for BPU upgrades - on a Jpsec you'll be able to tune to 1.2bar with all the associated mods (including a bit of kit to remove the fuel cut)

Good luck bud

If you've uk tubbies then you can push it to 1.4bar....some people have gone above these but they are the assumed safe levels.

"used a spurious thread title in totally the wrong section of the forum" with all due respect I have no idea where what needs to be posted not to mention the site is not very descriptive as far as "sections of fourm" just general headings from all the tabs ive looked at. I spent 20 minutes just to find your post after I was notified tru my email!... but thank you none the less.