The mkiv Supra Owners Club

02 supra in ireland

Guest sideways j

Guest sideways j

hello supra heads just sold my 06 octavia vrs and have tt disease goin for a look at what i think was last supra ever made this week, its a standard 02 6 speed tt just wonderin from ye lads in the know what to look out for as car only has 22k on clock and has not much service record in english, any help would be great thanks

hello supra heads just sold my 06 octavia vrs and have tt disease goin for a look at what i think was last supra ever made this week, its a standard 02 6 speed tt just wonderin from ye lads in the know what to look out for as car only has 22k on clock and has not much service record in english, any help would be great thanks

pm me the last six digits of the vin number and I can tell you if it is the last one.

Start HERE

I'd try to get the car to a decent mechanic so they can give it a thorough going over, ideally put the car on a ramp so the suspension components can be checked for wear - an area that is often overlooked and where replacement parts are expensive.

It's not difficult to turn the mileage back on the Supra, 22K miles is very low even for a 9 year old car, it should look pristine if the mileage is to be believed.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

Guest sideways j

just lookin through the posts and see this 02 supra has been mentioned alredy as a fake any info before i view car tommoro, car is advertised on carzone.ie thanks

Is it a grey colour? I know a grey or silver 02 supra tt6 from mullingar, not seen it around for a while but had a good look at it last year & it was mint. Chatting to the owner & he had cleared it but was waiting to put the plates on so was driving it on jap plates which i thought added to it :) but if this is the same car then it was mint when i seen it, also i never seen it over 60mph.

Guest sideways j

yea car is in mullingar all im worried about is theres no history with car, and hes done work on car himself like service and changed clutch, ive never bought a car with no history but this is what im after a bog standard mint tt.

yea car is in mullingar all im worried about is theres no history with car, and hes done work on car himself like service and changed clutch, ive never bought a car with no history but this is what im after a bog standard mint tt.

The Vin plate is on the left hand side of the engine bay as you look at it from the front write down the last seven digits of it and I can tell you when it was made.

Where about in the country are you? If you want i can come threw to mullingar to have a look at it with you. I wouldn't worry about history really, it's very easy to fake history. I am surprised it's had a new clutch with so little miles. I also know a very good ex Toyota mechanic from mullingar who works for himself years now, he has worked with a few supras now including a single turbo. If you want his number i will pm you. You could give him a call & ask him to put it up on his lift & give it a check over for piece of mind.

Very Nice! When I bough mine I printed out the "What to check when buying a Supra" from Nics link above

Mileage, just look out for the usual , seat belt wear, wear on the steering wheel, seats ect

The Supra Specailests in Ireland are SSI in Antrim Northern Ireland (Colin)

Just ask on here if you need any advice on Garages around Ireland , to be honest anything more than an Oil change and I drive up to SSI

Before putting down a deposit or buying, I'd check the vin on here, there is a guide to the model numbers and ranges built in particular years. My worry would be that it's a similar scenario to Rab's (aristo? sorry rab forget what it is you've got) and it's the year of import rather than the year of manufacture that's being quoted.

It is lovely though :) and if all's above board then it's a proper bargain and one to keep.

Before putting down a deposit or buying, I'd check the vin on here, there is a guide to the model numbers and ranges built in particular years. My worry would be that it's a similar scenario to Rab's (aristo? sorry rab forget what it is you've got) and it's the year of import rather than the year of manufacture that's being quoted.

It is lovely though :) and if all's above board then it's a proper bargain and one to keep.

Aristo huh it's a LEVIN & it's class & would beat the fastest................. anyway :D

No Jim that is only on the NCT computer, on the tax book it says date of first register 1997. I have seen this car & it is a facelift & tbh it is very nice. When i spoke to the guy i'm sure he told me he imported it himself, he definitely told me it was 2002. This was a week or 2 befor the meet up in Newcastle.

A small side issue and Q about 02 Supra's running in England.

Would an 02 Supra come under the newer road tax regulations if so surely it would be up in the £460 range?

Apologies for Hijacking:taped:

460 I wish my road tax was that cheap; its 1200 gbp in Ireland for any Supra (3 liter) :( and in the new budget it is going up

Might have to sell up. plus they are also talking about making Road tax mandatory like in the UK regardless if the car is in use or even has an engine in it. Once it is registered, you need to pay; they dont care if it is in storage