The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My 1st ever Supra! ( few small issues though)

SUPRAVIRGIN

Hi all....yesterday, I took delivery of m 1st ever Supra!....1993. black ...n/a....auto.....9 owners.....101000m.....11 months MOT..18'' alloys...Cat 1 alarm and immobiliser....CD player...all for the princely sum of £1500....not bad, me thinks?..

I am trying to upload some pics....having a bit of difficulty....do i use the 'image' link or do I 'add and attatchment'...?

Also....when I got it yesterday, took it for a quick blast down the dual carriageway........I felt that the steering was twitchy through fast bends.....not as composed as my old 944.....Is that how they are?.....

And today, when I jumped into move it on my drive, there was rather loud 'clunking' from the gearbox when going from say 'reverse' to 'drive'.....and when put in 'reverse' the car started to beep!!....and still does....whats that about?....

However, overall, I think its a stunning machine......looks the absolute bollox, makes you feel as if you are piloting a fighter jet......tremendous value for money...very sexy car....I like.....:)

Well done on your purchase! Upload your photos to photobucket and then link them to the forum pages. The reverse beep is normal. Both my Supra and Celica make the same noise. Mine also makes a clunk. It's not low on fluid so maybe someone else will have a better clue?

Well done on your purchase! Upload your photos to photobucket and then link them to the forum pages. The reverse beep is normal. Both my Supra and Celica make the same noise. Mine also makes a clunk. It's not low on fluid so maybe someone else will have a better clue?

Ok, I have the photos o PhotoBucket....whats next?.....sorry to sound like a muppet!, but can you give me step by step instructions...??

That is a very good deal! A lot of car for not a lot of money! To answer your question below:

1. Shouldn't be twitchy on the bends, I'd get Geo checked and tyre pressure/tread.

2. Gearbox shouldn't be clunking, you do get a slightly 'thud' changing gears but shouldn't be any clunking.

3. As stated bleeping is normal, just an aid to let you know that you are in reverse gear.

:)