The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Break or Sell?

Supra Gaz

So, times have changed for me, my Supra life is coming to an end with the coming of my daughter and me getting fed up of having to tax, mot and insure two cars, so im going to buy an e46 M3 instead. On my drive i have my 5 speed Na, it doesnt have MOT and is SORN at the moment, i was going to spend some time on it, sort out the wheel bearing on the rear and get some new rear tyres but i dont know if i can be fussed, prices are a joke for these things at them minute and i dont know if i would get more for it in parts than as a car? Its got black leather recaros and a genuine TRD 10k tacho, Mines ECU as well as a few other tasty bits, so what would you do? Break or sell

Answers on a post card

cheers

It depends what value you see it at as a complete car, what do you want for it whole? Without knowing that who can say if it's perhaps worth more broken? Breaking cars is time consuming, messy, dirty and at home, strictly speaking illegal. Do you want to be inundated with requests for the little widget that is at the bottom of the strangle valve, under the topper changer, that's worth 2 quid, takes 4 hours to get off and a trip to the PO to send, after packing? Realistically once the big bits are gone you should probably send it to be crushed.

Noz the silver front splitter was from CarbonMods, that cars in belgium now. I think taking the tasty bits off and replacing them with standard and then selling her as a project for someone is the way forward. Chris, your spot on, im not turning my drive way into a breakers yard. Oh and after all the posh bits are gone i would be happy with 2k i think...

I would. Not buy a e46 m3 there are a nightmare I sold my sup and bought one 4 weeks ago and hated it

They have too many things what can go wrong easy and cost triple what a supra would

I sold the m3 convertible last week and now on the hunt for a tt6

They are pricey to run Jay, but i fancy a BMW again.

When i get home from work i will put a thread up for the parts for sale

i thought it was good on fuel and was powerfull but didnt like the drive i really thought the m3 would be a lot more then what it was id never go for one again

good luck with your sale and getting your new car anyway if you do get one get a manual not the smg :)