The mkiv Supra Owners Club

facelift rear running lights (clear)

nigelc

:( Nope,

With 2 pairs of facelift rear clusters a oven, a orange bulb and some glue you can replace the orange lense and go clear red red clear,

but the 2 red lenses on the facelift are bigger than the clear ones, so even if you were rich/daft enough to get 4 pairs of facelift clusters you still couldnt make a fully clear set.

:twak: totally mis-read your question, how daft am i???

the reflector thingies, you can get em on ebay, and i think unkle paul (miami rice) can get hold of them as well,

Originally posted by albundy68

:( Nope,

With 2 pairs of facelift rear clusters a oven, a orange bulb and some glue you can replace the orange lense and go clear red red clear,

but the 2 red lenses on the facelift are bigger than the clear ones, so even if you were rich/daft enough to get 4 pairs of facelift clusters you still couldnt make a fully clear set.

Dude's managed it...

attachment.php?s=&postid=298786

:looney:

hes right like, but only on pre facelift lights, because (obviously) they didnt make facelift UK cars!

I don't understand what you mean, Al.

You can make an all-clear set with two pairs of uk lights and two pairs of J-spec lights. Surely it makes no difference whether the J-spec lights are pre-facelift or not.

Originally posted by Jake

I don't understand what you mean, Al.

You can make an all-clear set with two pairs of uk lights and two pairs of J-spec lights. Surely it makes no difference whether the J-spec lights are pre-facelift or not.

facelift lights have a different lense pattern than the uk/jap early lights.

wouldnt you need to use reversing lense from either faceligt lights or pre facelift lights.

think john has used pre facelift clear lights on his car

http://www.ntoc.co.uk/img/sumdudescar2.jpg

lol, monkeys right, the clear lenses on facelifts are totally different to the pre facelift ones, theyre slightly tinted and the lines on them run horizontal not vertical, (and theyre much nicer)

ive got a few sets of pre facelift and a few post facelifts at home if youre ever in the area drop by, its one of those things thats so simple to see but a complete nightmare to explane on a BBS.

did they do facelifts in the US??? they might have used a clear in one of the 2 centre holes...

and monkey, on facelifts you have the reflectors on the bumpers which i think would get it through a MOT,

ive got rid of all my reflectors, but im just planning on fitting my spare set of normal rear clusters for MOT :thumbs:

:( should have used the other pair of red lenses without reflectors gaz,

it looks soooooooooo much better! (IMHO)

i was gona do that & tried but the location luggs are different on each lens,

i was gutted

lol, monkeys right, the clear lenses on facelifts are totally different to the pre facelift ones, theyre slightly tinted and the lines on them run horizontal not vertical, (and theyre much nicer)

did they do facelifts in the US???

and monkey, on facelifts you have the reflectors on the bumpers which i think would get it through a MOT,

ive got rid of all my reflectors, but im just planning on fitting my spare set of normal rear clusters for MOT :thumbs:

hi i love the facelift lights they look smart. i dont like the all clear look. i like all the different colours of each lights

with all clear lights it takes your eyes away from the wide look of the supra from rear. its hard to explain.

i used the term facelift lights as in on USA cars they had new style lights on later 97-98 lights. the jap supra from 96 on it had a facelift look woth new front lights and new style front bumper with bar and turn signals.

as the reflectors on rear arches, they are sidelights. mine never worked for 2 years i had the car then seen them on a black supra at night lit up. took the reflectors off and they had the wiring there but were missing bulbs. got some bulbs from toyota they look good at night and seem to make car wider, sort of like a TRD widebody kit look :innocent: