The mkiv Supra Owners Club

single turbo car is it worth buying ?

jayl

i have been looking for a 6 speed manual for a while now and have found a single turbo does anyone on here know if this set up would be good and if the car is worth buying i can buy it for 10k . it is said to be 600 bhp

spec

supra rz black 6 speed

Engine:

Greddy e-manage ECU

polished phr gt60 turbo

siemens 850cc injectors

blitz fmic

hks gt external wastegate 50mm

phr 5/8 fuel rail

fluidlyne aluminium radiator with wetter water

hks supersequential dump valve

twin walbro fuel pumps

iridium spark plugs

aluminium fmic piping

steel braided fuel lines

aeromotive fuel pressure regulator

K&N air intake with 4" polished tube

aluminium upper radiator hose

rss straight through de cat

ceramic coated downpipe,mid pipe and torbo exhaust

hks ceramic coated manifold

blitz boost controller

blitz turbo timer

chassis:

tein fully adjustable coilover suspension with EDFC controller

uprated 4 pot front calipers

uprated 2 pot rear calipers

drilled and grooved discs

endless pads

Transmission:

6 speed getrag manual gearbox

Exterior:

bomex front bumper

veilside sideskirts and spats

standard spoiler

SSI 18x9.5 rear alloys and 18x8.5 fronts with partial chrome finish

clear front indicators

24 carat plated gold badges

Interior:

leather seats

momo steering wheel

racing pedals

miami gt chrome door sills

greddy gear knob

defi a-pillar and top glove box conversion

defi control unit

defi exhaust temp gauge

defi water temp gauge

defi oil temp gauge

defi fuel pressure gauge

defi oil pressure gauge

apexi boost gauge

I would try and get the price down, or allow for a proper ecu like a Syvecs, and some mapping time. It will never be very good on that E-Manage. I would also want a LONG test drive including some town driving and some fast open road driving. If the buyer allows offer to pay for an independent rolling road run and mixture check, see if it's mapped safely and gives anywhere near the claimed power. Look at it on a ramp, walk if you have any major issues at all. If you don't know Supras get someone to look at it that does, and who won't be bothered if it sells or doesn't, ie, someone not thrutching to get it home and rag it about ;)

I would try and get the price down, or allow for a proper ecu like a Syvecs, and some mapping time. It will never be very good on that E-Manage. I would also want a LONG test drive including some town driving and some fast open road driving. If the buyer allows offer to pay for an independent rolling road run and mixture check, see if it's mapped safely and gives anywhere near the claimed power. Look at it on a ramp, walk if you have any major issues at all. If you don't know Supras get someone to look at it that does, and who won't be bothered if it sells or doesn't, ie, someone not thrutching to get it home and rag it about ;)

As Chris mentioned, the ECU is really not ideal but they do work if mapped by one of the few that really know the EMU's. Find out who built and mapped it first.

As above, also very very cheap so be extra careful considering 6 speed TT's go for that sum. :)

I'd be happy with an EMU, but EMB running those 850 injectors I'd be a bit more twitchy about. I only say that as I get on fine with the units and mapped my own (and it runs fine thanks Chris :p :D ). Unfortunately, with a.n.other tuners' map, unless it was Ryan G's, I'd be dead suspicious about the drivability and fuelling.

So how much are syvecs to buy and what would it cost to get fitted and mapped if this is the only fault it may be worth getting

The guy wanted 12k for it I got him down to 10k it's ment to be mint condition

Fitted, mapped and with all the worthwhile toys it will be around 3k. You won't see much change from that anyway.