The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi *waves*

Guest Mini_the_Minx

Guest Mini_the_Minx

Hi there.

I'm Jo, usually known as Minx (yes, I am a girl). I feel like the kid who came to the party without a present because I don't actually have a Supra yet. I've spent the past 5 years involved in old Minis doing various stuff to them. I was in the middle of a supercharged project when, due to a change in personal circumstances, I moved and decided to sell up, start again and move over to Jap. I've always loved Supras but couldn't justify buying one because of the cost of insurance, until now. I'm after a TT manual and have done a bit of searching but still have a few bits from my previous project left to shift. Unfortunatly I'm on somewhat of a budget so I won't be going too mad on what I want from it although non ragged would be a bonus ;)

I'm sure I'll spend a lot of time in the tech sections and asking questions as coming from carbed 4 cylinder engines that you can rip apart in an hour to injected turbo's has blown my mind a bit.

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you all.

Guest Mini_the_Minx

What kind of attention :blink:

Well, I've got £3000 at the moment but I'm expecting to pay more, it's just a case of saving now rather than spending. I suppose my budget will be about £4-5000 if that sounds realistic?

Welcome :)

You won't get a TT 6 speed for £4-5k. Well you might, if it's been in a lake or something. Expect to pay £7-12k for a good one. The more you have, the better you'll get (well, it should work like that).

Got any pictures of your Minis?

Guest Mini_the_Minx
Welcome :)

You won't get a TT 6 speed for £4-5k. Well you might, if it's been in a lake or something. Expect to pay £7-12k for a good one. The more you have, the better you'll get (well, it should work like that).

Got any pictures of your Minis?

That's what I was expecting to hear to be honest, unless I want to take a gamble on an ebay jobbie.

I don't have any of my first one, that got ploughed into.

My second is this one here

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v1978/28/49/669840141/n669840141_5827767_9938.jpg

The one I sold left me like this

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/17472_463488105141_669840141_11052196_7887077_n.jpg

That's what I was expecting to hear to be honest, unless I want to take a gamble on an ebay jobbie.

I don't have any of my first one, that got ploughed into.

My second is this one here

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v1978/28/49/669840141/n669840141_5827767_9938.jpg

The one I sold left me like this

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/17472_463488105141_669840141_11052196_7887077_n.jpg

Yeah, they're cheap for what they are though (reliability, performance, looks) and well worth the money.

Wouldn't recommend a cheap car though. Preferably get one off a member on here as it should have been looked after and you can check its history.

Nice Mini :)

Guest Mini_the_Minx

Thank you, bit slow though :D

I'm currently in the process of being persuaded to get an N/A and convert it instead of waiting to save up for a decent TT.

Thank you, bit slow though :D

I'm currently in the process of being persuaded to get an N/A and convert it instead of waiting to save up for a decent TT.

No stay with a tt to start with

:yeahthat:

Converting the NA to TT will cost a bit and will be hassle.

You could buy an NA then sell it for a TT later on, but again, it'll cost a bit and will be hassle.