The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Midlands Exhaust's Birmingham ! BEWARE !!

Guest vertex boy

Guest vertex boy

Hey guys,

Dont use midlands exhausts birmingham they are con artists you might as well pay more and get a proper exhaust job done. Dont get fooled !

Ish

Guest vertex boy

Asked for a 2.5" twin exit quote and decided to go ahead with it ended up with 2.5" mid pipe with tails at 2 1/4....didnt check as had the kids and the wifey was doing my head in as it took longer than they said. Handed the cash and now that i checked only a week gone and they passing the buck and saying that thats what they charged me for. Basically dont want to know now they got my cash.....The middle pipe was cut and the stainless was wielded to the old one instead of doing a new flange.

Keep away

Didn't you get a chance to have a quick look underneath before you left? Any pictures for us to see how dodgy the work is?

If it is bad then it might be worth getting trading standards involved, £440 is a lot of money on a bit of welding and tailpipes.

Regardless of it being 'ok' for use, the op asked for a 2.5 and he wasn't given a full 2.5. that's like asking a dealer for a BMW 330 sport and being given a 325 sport at the same price of the 330. its not right!

if your at a brick wall talking to them, trading standards is the next step as abz says.

Hard to know what to make of this, partly because we don't know your character on here. Some people would *think* they asked for something, but did no such thing. Other people, when some people say they asked for such-and-such, you can bet your salary they really did, and made it crystal clear at the time.

Welcome to the forum. :)

Guest vertex boy

Well I am a proud Aristo Owner and i never heard of these guys until Keiron mentioned them. Didnt get a quote in writing only over phone and was 110 % sure that i cleared it about 3-4 times with them. And mate it was made crystal clear as i could make my wife vouch as well and if my kid could they surely would have too....

Well I am a proud Aristo Owner and i never heard of these guys until Keiron mentioned them. Didnt get a quote in writing only over phone and was 110 % sure that i cleared it about 3-4 times with them. And mate it was made crystal clear as i could make my wife vouch as well and if my kid could they surely would have too....

In that case I'd go back, show them the receipt & then show them the exhaust as tell them "someone must of failed at maths and it sure is not me!".

Guest vertex boy

Tried That,

They just aint interested and all the guy said is come down with the car we will take the exhaust off and give you £200 back and you can take it to someone else. Wow that is worldclass aftersales service.

Well if this is how they treat me a week into getting the exhaust made i wonder what the lifetime warranty would be like ??? Dread to know !!