The mkiv Supra Owners Club

what size discs

k9l3

OEM UK spec disks and Chris Wilson fast road pads (trader on the forum)

the thing is its something I might change and if I do just want a cheap replacement as could be selling the car.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUPRA-TURBO-323mm-FR-BLACK-DRILLED-GROOVED-BRAKE-DISCS-/320532538086?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4aa13a62e6

would they fit and be ok. I have had ebay discs before and was fine

the thing is its something I might change and if I do just want a cheap replacement as could be selling the car.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUPRA-TURBO-323mm-FR-BLACK-DRILLED-GROOVED-BRAKE-DISCS-/320532538086?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4aa13a62e6

would they fit and be ok. I have had ebay discs before and was fine

personally, i wouldn't touch them with a barge pole... the supra is a big heavy car, cheap cross drilled/grooved disks have a habbit of cracking due to the manufacture process. I put tyres and brakes in the same basket - one area not to "go cheap" in, but like I said its just my oppinion.

What if you dont sell ;)

personally, i wouldn't touch them with a barge pole... the supra is a big heavy car, cheap cross drilled/grooved disks have a habbit of cracking due to the manufacture process. I put tyres and brakes in the same basket - one area not to "go cheap" in, but like I said its just my oppinion.

What if you dont sell ;)

I agree but the ones on the car are warped as I get a shake braking fast speed. so do need replacing. but I do not want to spend 300+ on brakes at the mo . would you say all them discs are no good or most. also when you say crack is this a quick process or we saying year down the line .

I agree but the ones on the car are warped as I get a shake braking fast speed. so do need replacing. but I do not want to spend 300+ on brakes at the mo . would you say all them discs are no good or most. also when you say crack is this a quick process or we saying year down the line .

hard to say really, but I wouldnt expect them to last 1k miles, there also prone to warping (previous experience - not on the supra though!). OEM Uk disk arn't that expensive. Perhaps I've just had a bad experience of cheap disks!

hard to say really, but I wouldnt expect them to last 1k miles, there also prone to warping (previous experience - not on the supra though!). OEM Uk disk arn't that expensive. Perhaps I've just had a bad experience of cheap disks!

really only 1000 you reckon like you say I suppose its how they are made. how much you reckon for oem. also what size pads would I need for the UK spec or are they same as normal. mintex pads are good enough a racing instructor I know reckons they better or as good as the ebc . he reckons ebc is overrated and not as good as people think . his words not mine

really only 1000 you reckon like you say I suppose its how they are made. how much you reckon for oem. also what size pads would I need for the UK spec or are they same as normal. mintex pads are good enough a racing instructor I know reckons they better or as good as the ebc . he reckons ebc is overrated and not as good as people think . his words not mine

I paid about £160 (pair) ish for mine - pads personal preference really - I've always used Chris Wilson pads there about £80 ish. Just get pads for a UK spec supra.

Smaller Brakes

Front - Calipers 2pot/Discs 296mm x 32mm

Rear - Calipers 1pot/Discs 307mm x 16mm

Larger Brakes

Front - Calipers 4pot/Discs 323mm x 30mm

Rear - Calipers 2pot/Discs 324 x 16mm

I'd fit new OEM Toyota discs, they are the best choice IMO in terms of quality and value for money.

Smaller Brakes

Front - Calipers 2pot/Discs 296mm x 32mm

Rear - Calipers 1pot/Discs 307mm x 16mm

Larger Brakes

Front - Calipers 4pot/Discs 323mm x 30mm

Rear - Calipers 2pot/Discs 324 x 16mm

I'd fit new OEM Toyota discs, they are the best choice IMO in terms of quality and value for money.

how would I know what pads to get or are they same size. if not would you know a link to a set of mintex?

how would I know what pads to get or are they same size. if not would you know a link to a set of mintex?

pads are different sizes. Judging from the mintex website ;) they only made pads of the import. seriously, speak to chris wilson on this forum about brake pads. I use his fast road pads with oem disks (UK spec) and there awesome.

pads are different sizes. Judging from the mintex website ;) they only made pads of the import. seriously, speak to chris wilson on this forum about brake pads. I use his fast road pads with oem disks (UK spec) and there awesome.

done say that I just ordered a set of mintex :( I hope they fit now. I could not afford expensive pads at the moment like I say car is up for sale so not 100 percent keeping it yet even tho I just paid for coolant to be flushed and changed. and had front l.e.d's put on which I was going to put in the lights but because of problems ended up where the grill is will do a picture to show everyone then.