The mkiv Supra Owners Club

rear quarter glass window how do these fit

w41k3r

New quarter glass comes with the seal already attached and is then glued/sealed in place. Make sure you order the correct glass they are a different colour tint on the pre-facelift and facelift models. It's something I'd personally get an expert to fit.

they have 3 studs on them and a locating dowel

.10mm nuts on the studs and window adhesive required,

quiet easy to fit but a night mare to cut the old out.+ the interior trim will have to come out

the glass is about £170 from toyota

hth

Simple dont listen to anyone saying its hard. Its easy, go down the 99p shop and get a cheap pack of stanleys, remove the inner plastic speaker card, undo the 3 bolts on the glass from behind, then use the knifes to cut the glue away, take your time, remember there a 3 bolts stuck to the glass so you have to cut around them, dont have to be to careful seeming as the glass is already busted:) then go down to a local bodyshop and get some window glue + primer agent...

You can get them out with a cheesewire type cutter which is cheap, have a look on Ebay for windscreen removal tools. The PROPER way is with a Fein oscillating elctric cutter, I have been after a used one for 6 months. Makes bonded screen removal child's play. New they are very dear, but the odd one comes up. Warming the glass / glue with a heat gun helps soften the bond. Getting one out intact is the hard bit, as evinX says, if yours is broken already it's pretty straightforward.

You can get them out with a cheesewire type cutter which is cheap, have a look on Ebay for windscreen removal tools. The PROPER way is with a Fein oscillating elctric cutter, I have been after a used one for 6 months. Makes bonded screen removal child's play. New they are very dear, but the odd one comes up. Warming the glass / glue with a heat gun helps soften the bond. Getting one out intact is the hard bit, as evinX says, if yours is broken already it's pretty straightforward.

Bergen do one Chris, I use it for removing the 1/4 windows and screens it was only cheap and the 1/4 windows take about 5 mins, after having to take one of the guys to casualty for stitches I ehought it advisable. Plus they are in much better condition to put back.