The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tyres (again)

ivan

Sorry for yet another tyre choice thread chaps - I've looked through the threads available but have a specific question...

I only do about 2000 miles a year, mostly 20 mile trips and a few long distance journeys. I don't do track days and usually drive on or around the speed limit. (mostly ;) )

At the moment I've got Toyo T1R's all round but at £150+ each these days... :(

Would a set of Goodyear F1's be OK for the back with the existing T1R's on the front? I can get these for £115 locally.

I only do about 2000 miles a year, mostly 20 mile trips and a few long distance journeys. I don't do track days and usually drive on or around the speed limit. (mostly ;) ).

Pretty much the same as me.

Would a set of Goodyear F1's be OK for the back with the existing T1R's on the front?

I've been using this same combination for the last 2 years in all weathers with no major issues.

D'Oh! I've just rung back to order them. It seems that it was an old entry in their national database and the branch that said they had them in fact didn't any more. :(

Looks like it's Toyo T1 Sports at £150 then unless anyone knows of better (and cheaper!)

Had an offer of something called Nexen for £99 but I don't think I'll take the risk...

Thanks for the feedback and advice all. :)