The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Think it'll work? - Red Turbo Blanket

Scott

I'm looking at turbo blankets and I'm unsure with what colour to go with. My engine bay is going to be completly black and red by the time I'm done with it (for all that is physically possible anyway) so I'm not sure what to go with regarding the turbo blanket. The turbo coldside will be black so I was thinking that the hotside being covered with black might not pop as much as I would like. On the other hand I'm thinking that red may stand out like a sore thumb.

What do you reckon?

http://www.mkivsuprastar.com/Supra/Engine%20Bay%20WIP/IMG_6475-1000.jpg

Hopefully you can visualise a single in there somewhere lol.

Do these actually work??

I've yet to see one on a high powered car on here, seen more of heat shields than anything else. TBH mate i think i red turbo blanket will take the eye away from the rest of the bay, that big red thing in the corner. just a thought

Sore thumb :) Keep it tasteful and low key IMO

Geo, on smaller turbo's, in my experience, yes they do help keep the under bonnest temps down. Not sure it's the same with the big power cars as they are generating so much heat anyway, but mine did suffer with intake temp issues in traffic without the blanket (T67dbb). Intake temps were much lower with the blanket and lagged DP.

Do these actually work??

I've yet to see one on a high powered car on here, seen more of heat shields than anything else. TBH mate i think i red turbo blanket will take the eye away from the rest of the bay, that big red thing in the corner. just a thought

I ran one on mine, I was suffering with high intake temps, this helped quite a bit

Sore thumb :) Keep it tasteful and low key IMO

Geo, on smaller turbo's, in my experience, yes they do help keep the under bonnest temps down. Not sure it's the same with the big power cars as they are generating so much heat anyway, but mine did suffer with intake temp issues in traffic without the blanket (T67dbb). Intake temps were much lower with the blanket and lagged DP.

Its the other way round mate, bigger the turbo the cooler they run ive found, my intake temps and EGT's have never been so low as they are now.

im going to run a turbo blanket instead of a sheild now i think, i really want to keep the temps down and i have seen good results from the blankets

Where have you been looking for the results, any info yo can share, Ryan mentioned my intake temps are slightly high.