The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Whats it worth. TT time?

ripped_fear

Well potentially I could have a TT6 lined up BUT to be able to buy it I am going to have to sell my sz, or at least no it is sold and being collected/payed for within a few weeks of purchse of the new one.

so what do you think the value of it would be?...

spec and pics bellow

Paid 5k for it a year ago and since then I have had done the following mechanical/servicing bits

-Oil change -toyota fitted

-Oil filter change -toyota fitted

-Coolant change

-Cambelt -toyota fitted

-Rocker gasket -toyota fitted

-New avon zz3's all round

-New battery

It currently reads 67000ish kms but its my daily so going up all the time.

I have also done a few subtle mods and the spec as it stands is-

-HKS limited Edition Radiator Cap

-Custom painted spark cover

-Polished rocker body

-Chrome fuse box cover

-Stainless steel cat back exhaust

-17" BK racing alloys

-Toyota centre caps

-Goodrich steel line brake hoses

-Avon zz3's

-Pioneer double DIN AVH-P4200DVD

-4x Pioneer TS-E1702i

-Carbon effect dash

-Metal foot pedals

-Chrome dial surrounds

-TRD belt pads

-Chrome tax disk holder

-Full leather interior

-Custom black mats

-Leather hand brake gaiter

-Leather gear gaiter

-OEM foot well lights

-OEM leg rests

-Leather custom Ipod dock

-Facelift indicators

-Oem side skirts (officials)

-Oem rear spats (officials)

-Uk spec head lights

-TRD dust caps

-Rmm lip (without the side bits)

-TRD skirt decals

-Clear side repeater

-Xenon white headlight hi's

-Xenon white headlight low's

-Xenon white side lights

The only part i would swap back is i would like to keep the lip and put the original rubber lip back on.

pics-

Vid of the exhaust

this does make it sounds a little deeper than it actually is but you get the idea :)

http://s748.photobucket.com/albums/xx129/ripped_fear/photoshoot/?action=view&current=DSCF2205.mp4

Edited by ripped_fear (see edit history)

Take the nice bits off it and sell it if you want top dollar. Unfortunately those parts don't really add much to the value, more the appeal of the sale.

Looks nice too :)

thanks i think i would take them off but the problem is i really need to line somthing up for the old girl before i can comit to purchse of the new one

Personally, I wouldn't go as low as paying under £3k for your car as I know it's worth more, but with the prices of TT's coming down aswell, suppose it wouldn't make much difference in the long run.

thanks for the words of encouragement mate. to me she is still worth the 5k i paid BUT i am trying to be realistic and a car is only worth as much as the buyer is willing to spend. with TT autos going in the 5k range the prices are just dropping :(

i wouldnt agree that the price of tt autos coming down is a factor in the price of an na, with the cost of running these cars and the economy being as it is ( and getting worse ) na's will become more desirable than the auto tt's dont get me wrong people are always going to want the big horse power manuals and the money will always be about for them but for joe public an na will become more appealing as things get tighter i know it has for me anyhow!!

An NA's fuel consumption is just as bad as a TT's. When you are set on buying a Supra, the only thing to consider when buying a TT over an NA is it's maintenance costs which can be considerably higher in some cases (more to go wrong I guess).

Both the NA and TT's having been driven down in price, and probably by about the same amount. And with a double-bend recession coming our way, the prices could be driven even lower in the months to come.

An NA's fuel consumption is just as bad as a TT's. When you are set on buying a Supra, the only thing to consider when buying a TT over an NA is it's maintenance costs which can be considerably higher in some cases (more to go wrong I guess).

Both the NA and TT's having been driven down in price, and probably by about the same amount. And with a double-bend recession coming our way, the prices could be driven even lower in the months to come.

would have to aggre with that.

anyone else got any opinions on a price?

not more than 3k i would say considering there are some very nice aerotops going for that price which are far more desirable and the market full of na's ranging from 1k-3k, asking anything over that price it must have to be really special which to most people out there it wont be

not more than 3k i would say considering there are some very nice aerotops going for that price which are far more desirable and the market full of na's ranging from 1k-3k, asking anything over that price it must have to be really special which to most people out there it wont be

They are autos though. It kind of balances out IMO.

You have a stunning car :cool:

IMO £3.5k is top money for a 5 speed NA, though I'd maybe go as far as £4k with yours if it really is as immaculate as it looks.

That car's crying out for either a V8 or a TT conversion. (with V8 Soarer donors starting at around £500, it makes a lot of sense, and there's always the 1JZ too)

You have a stunning car :cool:

IMO £3.5k is top money for a 5 speed NA, though I'd maybe go as far as £4k with yours if it really is as immaculate as it looks.

That car's crying out for either a V8 or a TT conversion. (with V8 Soarer donors starting at around £500, it makes a lot of sense, and there's always the 1JZ too)

see the TT conversion was my intention but i have decided to just go and by a TT6 to start my project rather than rip the heart out of this and sell it for peanuts

see the TT conversion was my intention but i have decided to just go and by a TT6 to start my project rather than rip the heart out of this and sell it for peanuts

I know that it's probably more cost effective to buy a TT6, but you'll struggle to find one as good as this looks to be.

I know that it's probably more cost effective to buy a TT6, but you'll struggle to find one as good as this looks to be.

the thing is i will be ripping out the engine, box and repianting it white if i keep it so i may as well just by a nice white TT and work from that, it will be less hasel and more cost effective, trying to think logically rather than with my heart. but i do understand where your coming from :)

all aeros are auto mate unless converted

i wasnt talking about aeros in that particular case as you cant compare an aero auto to a manual hardtop.

i would suggest you put it on ebay with a reserve and the final price is what the current market value of yours is as it will be people who are actually looking to buy who will bid as well the usual timewasters

i sold my facelift e46 bmw 320 msport coupe with 47k on the clock for 1k less than anything even close to its spec to get a quick sale. so if you arent in a hurry just hang tight and see how it goes

A sz manual sold for £1700 or so on eBay the other night but it wasn't in great condition. Do the transplant mate...will be a tad less cost effective but think of having flawless paint and the potential to mod the engine before dropping it in!:cool: