The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nearly got caught out by my n/a yesterday.

The Raven

Well after my much belittleing of other supra owners i nearly got caught out by my N/A of all things.

I have always said an N/A is a pussy cat even my old UK spec behaved itself on cheap as chips tyres in the winter with very little back end issues.

Well the supra fought back! I know its been very dry over the past few weeks so i guess i should have been a bit more aware of the roads after the massive down pour. However having grown use to supras over the years didnt take any notice.

I came off a roundabout, not kicking down or speeding and the back end let go! I corrected had a slight scare then put it down to oil on the road. How i was wrong the next roundabout it let go big time, im sorry to say it must have looked like F&F as is went sideways down the road. Alas i probably had a look of terror on my face and didnt look very cool at all, lucky for me there was no other traffic and i didnt bounce off of anything.

The moral of the story is respect your car, even if you think you know it inside out one lapse and your in a hedge, or worse.

Quite scary when they let go... Could of been worse, could of ended up down the side on an embankment like i did :D

Is the geometry all right?

Dude no offence but just cause the back end steps out does NOT mean there an immediate problem, it just happens. You'll find out for yourself in time ;)

Quite scary when they let go... Could of been worse, could of ended up down the side on an embankment like i did :D

Dude no offence but just cause the back end steps out does NOT mean there an immediate problem, it just happens. You'll find out for yourself in time ;)

I just wondered 'cause the geo was done on mine not long before I got it. The back stepped out in the rain before going round an island but that was due to me doing something silly (lifting clutch too hard in 2nd at about 40 and turning in too hard). Whatever the condition (even rain after hot weather) it seems to just hold on and there's never really a worry.

I don't know what you guys are doing, but I can barely move my rear end even in the wet. I let a few trustworthy drivers have a go in mine at an autotest event and they had to use the handbrake to get some proper action.

I have T1-R's on all four corners. Perhaps they are just awesome for grip.

Never had a problem losing the back end that didnt have a reason for it happening, usually too much throttle

combined with poor grip = back end steps out.

Theres obviously a list of things that can ad to this happening

Crap or worn out tyres, wrong tyre pressures

Slippy fluid on rd surface

Poor driving

Rock hard suspension, wrong geometry settings

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Never had a problem losing the back end that didnt have a reason for it happening, usually too much throttle

Poor driving

The 'who dunnit' list. ;)

Is the geometry all right?

Glad you and the car are ok!

Poor driving

:yeahthat:

If I wasn't 100% satisfied that it was because of an outside influence, I'd be checking my tyres and geo. It's getting to the time of year this probably wants checking anyway :)

I don't know what you guys are doing, but I can barely move my rear end even in the wet. I let a few trustworthy drivers have a go in mine at an autotest event and they had to use the handbrake to get some proper action.

I have T1-R's on all four corners. Perhaps they are just awesome for grip.

Gain some speed & then aggressively flip the steering wheel slightly one direction & instantly hard in the other.

If you really want to see it sideways then just give it to JamieP. :D