The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Increasing amount of Dispute threads?

Paul

I might be wrong but I feel that there has been an increase in Dispute threads over the last few months.

Most, if not all of them seem genuine enough so is this pointing to a real drop in values and club spirit when people are selling items?

The dispute section is a great tool and people don't use it lightly, I just wish people that sell show the respect that a fellow club member deserves, if you can't do that then flog the item to someone unknown on Ebay.

Your thoughts ....

I have always sold or bought without any issues although I doubt the dispute section would be good enough for me if someone ripped me off. I would spend a grand to get back at someone for a tenner. Principle and spite is a terrible thing..!!

H.

Like most here, I have sold/bought hundreds of items without ever having a serious issue. There are delays form time to time, but unexpected things can happen.

Disputes are one of my sort-of areas on the forum, however most of those that flagged to the mods get solved before making it to the disputes section (A majority of people ontact the mods before raising one). Most of time it just needs someone to step in and ask for a hurry-up.

Almost every situation that makes it to the dispute section is different so they each need to be handled on their own merit. It's very rarely as simple as the first post reads... Needless to say they can take an enormous amount of the mods time to mediate.

Can't say I've noticed an increase in serious disputes lately, only that people are quicker to post them to the section before contacting a moderator first.

I personally believe that some members on here genuinely believe that if someone else is a member on here then it guarantees that they will be decent people and won't rip you off. So not the case.

I have bought on here a few times and got good deals. I have also had to use the dispute system and found that "success" appears to depend on how many friends you have and how loud you scream. Not ideal but I don't know of any other way it could be done. People just need to stop being selfish and trying to rip others off.

I have a great respect for the mods on here. To have real lives and then to come here and have to sort out our disputes is pretty impressive if you ask me.

I won't be trusting a Scotsman again, Paypal for me in the future.

:blink: You think nationality has anything to do with character and honesty? Very strange.

I've only had to use the dispute section twice. The last time was pointless for me though as nothing happened, no replies.... nothing.

I'll just air on the side of caution from now on. It is a good tool to let other members know about what's been happening though.

Well, I totally agree with this thread! People can take you for a mug and it's not right. I'm a great believer in 'club spirit'. Like minded people coming together for the greater good, as it were, and to enjoy our interest and help eachother out.

It's just a shame when people do things to ruin it. Unfortunately you getting people like that in all walks of life!

Where's the love gone!? :D:grouphug:

Can we instigate birching for people who bring the club spirit into disprepute? :D

The disputes bit is well worth having in my opinion. You generally get both sides of the story, usually backed up with emails and PMs and you can make your own mind up on things and then decide if you will or will not deal with a member in the future I read it every now and then just for that reason alone.

If I buy something off another member I usually pick it up in person anyway.

you get it with any club sadly, you can have members that have been active for years with really good reps then all of a sudden they take peoples cash and vanish.

Personally I find it very rewarding to buy and sell through clubs, it keeps the spirit going and its good to help out each other where possible. Sadly as with most things these days SOME people are very helpfull and keen to get your money, then its not always returned when they have to post something out.

Personally If anyone buys somthing from me I make sure I get them out the same day or next day and let the buyer know whats happening, as this is how I would like to be treated.

I guess at times with money short for people perhaps its all to easy to sell somthing get the cash and then not hold up their end of the sale?

The dispute section on here is really good I think, when i get round to owning a supra and buying parts etc from here it will be one of the places i will check.