The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need a Decent Clutch for BPU 5 Speed

TheTurtleshead

I asked the same question a few months ago any wasn't able to find one. The problem is that the ones rated to TT torque levels are all puck clutches, something I would never want on a road car. If you're happy with a puck clutch then you have plenty of options, if you want an organic plate then your options are rather limited and may need to use one not rated to TT torque levels and run the risk of it not lasting too long. If you plan on using it for hard lanuches/drag racing then you will have no choice but to use a puck clutch with the w58.

Well, I have managed to melt my N/A clutch in 3000 miles since my engine rebuild, which I suppose is to be expected :D Gotta get this sorted before pod though, as i'm registered for drag!

Forgot to ask, were the clutch, flywheel and pressure plate replaced when you did the conversion or were they old items? If they are old items it might explain why they gave up so quick, if not, then you are either heavy footed or simply need some stronger components :D

BTW, you should really prepare to change the pressure plate and flywheel at the same time. This is what mine looked like when I took the box off (only on an NA too!): http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?248924