The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tyres with "sloped" sidewall profile?

d-_-b

Im not sure how to best explain what I mean, but i will give it a go;

I am after a set of new tyres for the rear of my car need either 275 or 285 width, and going around all the tyre places known to man loking for T1R's but as have read they are discontinued, may have a hard time getting these : /

http://www.allnewtyres.co.uk/product-images/42964.07_0.8516046_t1r1.jpg

What i was wondering is does anyone have any reccomendations on any other tyres which have a (for want of a better word) "sloped" sidewall to them.

(from the Toyo pic above, using the right hand pic of the tyre, you can see the tyre slopes out to the rim)

The Goodyear F1 asymmetric I have currently, the side profile of the tyre leans in towards the top of the tyre, (whereas the Bridgestones i have on another set of wheels are a rather straight profile) this is the same case for the random spare Kumho tyre I have (all same width).

I dont particulaly want to run stretched tyres but as the wheels run a little close to the outer edge of the arch I would prefer they lean in to completely avoid them even slightly rubbing.

Any suggestions are welcome, as it hard to tell from images just quite what they look like.

Cheers guys :thumbs:

I know some tyres have a "rim protector" however pretty sure the Falkens have this and they have a straight sidewall I believe.

Heres a few example pics:

My Goodyear F1's sidewall (sloped):

The Falken FK452's on the front:

The Toyo T1R's which I have on the front's of the wheels I want to put on are like this:

As you can see there is almost a "step" from the tread out to the edge of the tyre, (this tyre is not stretched - 235 on 8.5" rim)

Scotty, any suggestions as to how I could go about getting the Toyo's bud?