The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Visiting UK on Business. Looking for transportation to the Supra Pod Event

Guest Jamesmkiii

Guest Jamesmkiii

Hello Everyone,

I will be staying in Chichester all next week and Attenting a Seminar at the Rolls Royce Factoy in Goodwood. I am big time supra enthuesist and own two supras currently. As many of you many know we have the TX2K events here in Texas. I did the Dyno and drag racing back in march. Placed Second in the dyno with My 2JZ-GTE MKIII at 808whp. I also own a 93 6-speed Turbo. My main reason for this post is to see If anyone from this area will be making the drive the the Supra Pod event? I would love to go and can pay for fuel/food or whatever. My return flight is on the 14th and would need to be back for that. My company did not set up a rental car for me but I guess I could get one. I just prefer hanging out with other supra enthuesists. I can also help wrench on the Supra if you need a hand. I built both of my supras myself. I found out about the Supra Pod today that why there was not any planning for this. Thank you.

Info on my cars

TX2K11 MK3 Dyno Day Runner up. 808hp on the DynoJet.

1991 Hardtop 2JZ-GTE Built Motor 3.1L, BC264's, R154, 7175 Billet DBB, PRO EFI 128 Flex Fuel. 3420LBS. New build coming soon- 1000whp, Built TH400, 4276R By TX2k12

Secret Services Auto Tuned. Mustang Dyno

790hp 684tq 36psi E85

842hp 795tq 38psi Q16

10.68 @ 134mph

Daily Driver- 1993 Toyota Supra Turbo- V161 6-speed Swap, JDM 6-Speed GTE Motor,6265 DBB Billet .84a/r Divided, BC264 Cams. Street Tune AEM FIC/6.

Video of my MKIII on the Streets and the Track.

Guest Jamesmkiii

Gatwick at 9am on sunday. I dont expect to get much or any sleep saturday night. Its ok because of the 10hr flight. I hear gas prices are quite expensive there. I would be a great deal of help in that area. :-)

While I'm sure someone in the South will be able to give you a lift, using the train network to get to the track wouldn't be too difficult (and there will be many able to pick you up from the train station near SupraPod, including myself).

However, given your return flight's time on Sunday, both the train and a lift back will be too much hassle - so I would recommend getting a hire car for the weekend. And that would be also pretty easy - catch the train from Chichester to Crawley, a short cab ride to the airport to pick up the hire car (with a SatNav), drive back to SupraPod and retrace your steps to the airport on Sunday.

If you can get to Wellingborough station sat morning I'm sure someone can pick you up or give you a lift to pod from elsewhere. Then drop you off on Saturday night at the station. Then Wellingborough to London on the train is easy.

Then it can't be hard to get from the station in London to gatwick? The tube might even go that far.

Then stay the night at a hotel at the airport and get some sleep :)

Guest Jamesmkiii
If you manage to rent something tasty, you could get it to run at SantaPod! :D

Thats one Idea. Next time I will figure out a way to bring a supra.

Guest Jamesmkiii

It looks like it will be best to take the Train from Chichester to Wellingborough. I just need to look at the train maps. The station in Chichester is walking distance from my Hotel. About how far is the Wellingborough Station to Santa Pod Raceway?

Guest Jamesmkiii

I made it to Chichester Today. The weather is great today as compared to 105 degree Texas Weather. My current Supra Pod plan is to take the train to Wellingborough Station and hopefully someone would be kind enough to pick me up from there on saturday morning. Is anyone passing by there on the way to Santa Pod Raceway and what time would work best for someone? My Cell phone does not work at all here so this seems to be my only way of communication as of now.

?

I made it to Chichester Today. The weather is great today as compared to 105 degree Texas Weather. My current Supra Pod plan is to take the train to Wellingborough Station and hopefully someone would be kind enough to pick me up from there on saturday morning. Is anyone passing by there on the way to Santa Pod Raceway and what time would work best for someone? My Cell phone does not work at all here so this seems to be my only way of communication as of now.

?

Remember to switch on global roaming with your provider (if you haven't already), and add +44 instead of the zero at the start of phone numbers. An easy alternative is to buy a pay-as-you-go SIM card from a post office / supermarket etc.

Most people will be at the track around 9.30 as drag racing starts at 10 - so PM me (or any of the other guys who've offered lifts) for a phone number to call/text when you're near to Wellingborough station.

Guest Jamesmkiii
I would do mate but I'm only getting my car back the day before. And then sat morning heading down very early to the convoy from south mims. Don't think you could get to Wellingborough for 6 am or you could come lol

I dont have any issue with getting there early. I beleive the train ride is about 3.5hrs long. So I would have to leave chichester around 2:30am. My cell phone is working now. Not sure for how long. I will keep this updated once I go by the train station and figure out how all of that works.

Guest Jamesmkiii

I was up at 5am everyday in Texas just to be the first one at the gate during TX2K11. I was competing then. Now I can just come here and enjoy all the cars and help people out if needed. Looking forward to a great time and meeting all you awesome supra owners. I only wish I could have one of my supras here. But you guys/girls will always be welcome in Texas if you every come thought for a TX2K event. My house is open.

My plan is to take the train from Chichester and I beleive it connects two locations before it arrives in Wellingborugh. I will be wearing my TX2K11 shirt :-)

Guest Jamesmkiii

By the way My Cell Phone Number is 832-868-8521 if anyone needs to contact me with suggestions or anything else. Text message is ok with me.

I dont have any issue with getting there early. I beleive the train ride is about 3.5hrs long. So I would have to leave chichester around 2:30am. My cell phone is working now. Not sure for how long. I will keep this updated once I go by the train station and figure out how all of that works.

If I get it back from the bodyshop in time and you can get insurance for it you can drive my bpu uk spec for the day :p lol!

2am is mental though buddy haha. Get some sleep. Or cone up the night before and stay in the hotel the others are staying at. That way you would easily get a ride!

Just had another look at the train schedule on nationalrail.co.uk - you *should* get away with leaving at 5 a.m. from Chichester, to arrive at Wellingborough just before 9 a.m.

When taking the Underground through London, avoid the Northern line (it will be down for servicing this weekend) though.

If I get it back from the bodyshop in time and you can get insurance for it you can drive my bpu uk spec for the day :p lol!

2am is mental though buddy haha. Get some sleep. Or cone up the night before and stay in the hotel the others are staying at. That way you would easily get a ride!

Take him up on that one James :D

Won't be staying at the Ibis! It's completely booked out!