The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TT Engine loom help

Rob_Mitchell

Hi guys i have been considering dropping the engine and box into the car but without doing the loom. Is it going to be a huge pain to get the loom done and hidden away when everything is fitted? or shall i just wait and get it done while its on stand still?

I cant see that im going to need all the plugs on the loom as i dont have that much which im going to use like abs ect, but i dont want to chop out the wrong plugs :(.

I dont suppose there is a loom diagram on this forum somewhere? with pics... i have searched a bit but not much luck

Lee from SRD was going to do a day after suprapod down the garage but i want to make things easy for him but i also need to start making space in the workshop as i have parts everywhere and engine parts everywhere.

thanks Rob

Edited by Rob_Mitchell (see edit history)

If you drop in the engine and box but haven't got any of the bits hanging off the side (manifolds, turbos, pumps, etc) then it'll be pretty easy to wire up after the fact. If the engine is a fully built long block, you'd end up having to pull half of it apart again :)

If you drop in the engine and box but haven't got any of the bits hanging off the side (manifolds, turbos, pumps, etc) then it'll be pretty easy to wire up after the fact. If the engine is a fully built long block, you'd end up having to pull half of it apart again :)

yeah everything would be dropped in complete, im guessing the best way is to do it on the stand...

Ill have a word with Lee. the workshop looks like a bomb has hit it so i need to get cracking on the build really.

Hi guys i have been considering dropping the engine and box into the car but without doing the loom. Is it going to be a huge pain to get the loom done and hidden away when everything is fitted? or shall i just wait and get it done while its on stand still?

I cant see that im going to need all the plugs on the loom as i dont have that much which im going to use like abs ect, but i dont want to chop out the wrong plugs :(.

I dont suppose there is a loom diagram on this forum somewhere? with pics... i have searched a bit but not much luck

Lee from SRD was going to do a day after suprapod down the garage but i want to make things easy for him but i also need to start making space in the workshop as i have parts everywhere and engine parts everywhere.

thanks Rob

all I did was remove O2, vsv and a couple of plugs, only because I know what they look like, then pulled the loom appart and removed the wires back to the ECU plug. What you could do, if you know what you want to remove, look at the ECU plug snip the wires and follow back to the plug end.

I now have a slimmed down loom in the shed waiting to go on. :D

all I did was remove O2, vsv and a couple of plugs, only because I know what they look like, then pulled the loom appart and removed the wires back to the ECU plug. What you could do, if you know what you want to remove, look at the ECU plug snip the wires and follow back to the plug end.

I now have a slimmed down loom in the shed waiting to go on. :D

Not really sure where to start if im honest as i bought the loom off Ricky and obviously built the engine from scratch... ill just wait till Lee can come down, he is flat out with work at the moment and hate bothering him.

Thanks guys.

Not really sure where to start if im honest as i bought the loom off Ricky and obviously built the engine from scratch... ill just wait till Lee can come down, he is flat out with work at the moment and hate bothering him.

Thanks guys.

is it a stock engine and stock ecu? if not you can get rid of 3 of the VSV plugs, and the O2 plugs, I also got rid of the diagnosics port too...

yeah rebuilt engine mate, prob going with the syvecs ecu..... This side off things has never been a strong point of mine but im sure ill get it worked out. Been staring at the loom all day... perhaps too long as i hate the bloody thing now.

hehe - took me a day to do mine...

Definitely the best way to go.otherwise it's a bit of a mess. Can't beat a custom loom,plus you get to make a bespoke wiring diagram. Daunting for those like myself who do not like wiring, but perfectly possible.

yeah mate wiring not my strong point, even when working for VW i hated electrical faults/fixes.

Ill get the box and engine torqed up and just wait.