The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Twin Turbos Blown

mrboost

Originally posted by mrboost

Well I have blown my turbos up finally:D

Good excuse for some uprated ones. I like to be a bit different so still keeping the twins rather than a big single.

Don't ask dude then!!

Hopefully some time this week I'll know the state of my turbos, I'll tell you what I'm getting if they're gone!!

If you mean you want just Hybrids then talk to Turbo Technics or someone like that.

If you just want to keep two turbo's then I believe the HKS 2835 kit is the smallest you can get and they support upto 600BHP.

but if sanity prevails and you want to go single then a BL61 would be a good bet without losing asny driveability.

Originally posted by Alex Holdroyd

If you mean you want just Hybrids then talk to Turbo Technics or someone like that.

If you just want to keep two turbo's then I believe the HKS 2835 kit is the smallest you can get and they support upto 600BHP.

but if sanity prevails and you want to go single then a BL61 would be a good bet without losing asny driveability.

cheers alex... The HKS ones sound good..... single good bet without losing asny driveability? Don't the singles get more lag? Been in a supra in america with twin T68 and never ever been in such a missile. Looks good under the hood too...A wee bit big for my budget and needs though.

If the singles do not loose any driveabilty then would consider it, but i have my standard traction control and with a single think that would kipper it up.

Has anyone gone single with standard traction control ? Big whoosh of power coming in at once?

boost

Originally posted by Supragal

depends if you're gonna go normal size ie fits stock housing hybrids or big twin? not really any point though- big twin may as well be big single, apart from pose value theres no point... more expensive, similar power, no difference in power bands...

Yep, mainly cos big twins are parallel in operation and it's 3xcylinders worth of exhaust gases to power each turbo....... with a big single it's 6xcylinders worth of exhaust gases to power the only turbo. In most cases that's gotta be more efficient and less laggy than big twins.

HTH,

Brian.

wait to see paul e / nick they doing a budget single set up cheap.

hybrids dont seem good value for what you get. for not much power increase. a small single could come on boost better than stock turbos.

traction wont be any worse than stock turbos. you can struggle for traction in ttc mode with stock turbos.

you could also buy some second hand stock turbos if you want to get back up and running.

or buy RLTC

Guest Terry S

I don't really think the T57 is worth it Alex. T61 is probably the best street turbo closely followed by the 67P. Let's wait and see what others offer now;)

See the Vortex section for our budget kit which is very near, and haas a lot of R&D put into it. If you want something quickly a tubular BoostLogic kit is the best choice.

I have a T67 P-trim with a 3800 Hi stall TC and am delighted with the performance and lack of lag. It is very drivable about town and on the open road...well, you have to feel it to believe it. the performance is incredible.

I use the RLTC so cannot answer the question on the stock TC aspect but I am sure Mr Harwod or terry could give advice.

HTH

Originally posted by CJ

I have a T67 P-trim with a 3800 Hi stall TC and am delighted with the performance and lack of lag. It is very drivable about town and on the open road...well, you have to feel it to believe it. the performance is incredible.

I use the RLTC so cannot answer the question on the stock TC aspect but I am sure Mr Harwod or terry could give advice.

HTH

My car is undriveable without RLTC i still detect the cut at over 100 mph !!!!!!:D

Dude:flame Dev