The mkiv Supra Owners Club

now then

Guest r.dawson

Guest r.dawson

hello all

looking for something fun to replace my MINI Cooper S

and seen as i dont do many miles it has to be fun, cheap to buy but not too fussed about the running costs.

so after looking round a non turbo aero seems to fit the bill

problem is there are literally none for sale within a reasonable distance and i need to know what they are like to drive. Anyone in Yorkshire fancy showing me round theirs?

cheers

Guest r.dawson

i dont mind traveling for it, the right car could be anywhere, just want to make sure Supras are right for me before i travel all that way!

if you stay local you may be waiting months and just buy a shed because its near,local and convieniant... As Topgun stated most will travel. I went from Derbys > Essex to look (put deposit on) and then go back a couple of weeks later to buy my TT.

Travel = better choice and not a BOS

Guest r.dawson

your 100% right and the one i have seen is a 400 mile round trip, problem is i was certain i was after a civic type r but after traveling a 200 mile round trip to go see and go out in one it didnt fel as good as i thought it would and now im looking for something else. just need to go out in one before i travel the uk to buy one

Guest r.dawson
ahh... you need to go out in a members car (local) and not for sale and see if a Supra is for you. Where in Ripper county are you?? :D

Nail on head, Just by Leeds Brad Airport

You are very close to me (Menston) but sadly I sold mine last year. Bright red NA manual. I have an FN2 Type R civic now. The Type R is a better car and I dare say faster, but the Supra is more fun and gets the looks.

Let me know if someone offers to meet and I might gate crash.

Word if warning, avoid the Bradford garages selling Supras. None so far have impressed me.

You are very close to me (Menston) but sadly I sold mine last year. Bright red NA manual. I have an FN2 Type R civic now. The Type R is a better car and I dare say faster, but the Supra is more fun and gets the looks.

Word if warning, avoid the Bradford garages selling Supras. None so far have impressed me.

I've offered to meet him, just have to wait for my new goodies to arrive and get them fitted and MOT the car and it's all good to go, so probably weekend after next :)

Guest r.dawson

yup very close, im in Rawdon

thing with the civic is all the power is at top revs, thought they may have seen to this with the 2.0, also its a bit sensible if you see what i mean. dont get me wrong they look awesome and the write ups speak for themselves but im going to be using this as a weekend toy really and sensible isnt the top of the list.

Marc has offered me a look round when he is free so i get to see what they are all about

Josh is lurking in this thread......brewing some sort of reply :D - dont listen to him dawson mate unless you like pics, alsorts of pics and men in mankini's :D

Yeah if Josh offers to meet you and take you for a ride in his Supe, I imagine he will want to meet on a secluded carpark somewhere...!!

Guest r.dawson

Cheers

Been a member of a couple of forums for cars in the past as there is no group of people more knowledgeable than enthusiasts.

bit of car history:

Guest r.dawson

they have all been fun, best to drive was the 89 crx to be honest. as close to a go cart you will find.

mini was nice when i was commuting to work, but now i only really need a weekend car the Supra seems to fit

Honda = Fail - Supra = Hail

Lol, never heard that one before.

You seem to forget my old one was an N/A :)

As the OP said, the Honda is an everyday day and has a huge boot (which I need) so I get the best of both worlds. It does have 19inch rages (honda) which makes it interesting to look at.

My old supra got a lot more looks though driving through places like Ilkley