The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My W58 Gearbox - Worth the swap to R154?

dani_r

Hello all!

I've been umming and arring for a few months about what to do next with the Supra.

It doesn't get used very often, in fact its only been out a handfull of times this year. However I would like to go BPU with it at some stage and don't have much faith in the W58 to handle the power. (Mine is an NA-TT conversion btw).

I've seen some folk using the R154 in the Supra using a different bell housing, mated props etc. Plus there's the 6 speed route which is just ridiculous money.

I guess my question is, is the R154 a viable and safe option for the TT, will it handle a reasonable amount of power or will it just need replacing once single turbos come about (can't see it personally, but you never know!).

I just don't want to go BPU with the thought that my gearbox might crap itself at any moment.

Cheers!

Dan