The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RAF Marham Charity Trackday Sept 17/18th

heckler

If anyone is interersted, I've just been sent the following...

It is with great pleasure that we can announce our next charity track event, which is scheduled for the weekend of 17-18th September 2011. Following the unfortunate cancelation of the event in April this year, we have been working behind the scenes in an effort to secure a date. We understand that this is quite short notice, but it has not been an easy task! The website has since undergone a complete redesign by the kind folk at MPR IT Solutions, who have not charged us for their services! We can't thank them enough for their work!

Now that we have a confirmed date, we can extend an invite to you and all of your members to attend our event.

We on the track day team have listen very carefully to all of your suggestions over the years and we are pleased to announce a number of improvements to our event.

The first change is the new Marham Track Days Website. This website will have all the usual facilities for booking and paying (PayPal) for entry. PLEASE DO NOT SEND CHEQUES ANYMORE. The website will also contain all driving information, maps, photos of past events and FAQs. No need for moderators to collect details anymore. We will take all the info we need from our website.

The major change is to the format of the day. For the first time in our 6 year history we will be changing the track direction half way through the day (lunch break). This means that you get 2 TRACKS FOR THE PRICE OF ONE!! This should help out with tyre, suspension and break wear too :)

Prices are unchanged for 2011 at £60 per car and first driver. £10 for each additional person, up to a MAXIMUM OF 4 People in any vehicle. If you book the whole weekend your passengers come free on the second day :)

E.g. Car + Driver = £60

+3 passengers = Total = £90 for one day

If coming for two days

Car + Driver = £120

+3 passengers = Total = £150 for the whole weekend saving £30

We have 180 car places per day, 360 places in total.

The website can be found at

http://www.marhamtrackday.co.uk

The payment side of things is being finalised as we speak, and should be available to accept money very soon.

Any Question, either PM me or post in this thread and I'll get the answer for you.

Unfortunatly I will not be going due to been on the River Thames with 370 rowing boats!

"Unfortunatly I will not be going due to been on the River Thames with 370 rowing boats!"

Any excuse not to come back to Marham eh Si?! Might be present to have a watch but won't be on the track :(

yeah, one of my new secondary duties... I get paid to drive powerboats.. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

shock... horror... message from the organisers...

It is with a heavy heart that I have to admit defeat and postpone the Marham Track Weekend, scheduled for 17-18 September 2011; the second cancellation within this calendar year, although both through Operational necessity. Please be assured that these decisions were not taken lightly, nor were they rushed; hence the call to cancel around 4 weeks before the September event was due to start. Whilst this is not ideal, it was the only option available to me. My apologies extend to those who have committed financially to the September event – this was never our intention to leave you out of pocket.

You are all probably aware that the Royal Air Force is heavily engaged with the delivery of air power to 2 theatres of operations, Afghanistan and Libya. Both theatres involve aircraft from RAF Marham and both theatres require intense support to ensure operational effectiveness. With Libya, not only has RAF Marham a significant presence operating from Italy and in direct support of UN Security Council Resolution 1973, it also plays its part delivering strategic influence; it is the latter that has taken ultimate priority within RAF Marham and has resulted in the cessation of a number of activities to safeguard the generation of aircraft – the Track Weekends being one of them. As such, whilst I relay my deepest regret to the cancellation of two events, I hope that you all understand the important role that RAF Marham is actively taking in the protection of innocent civilians within the country of Libya.

I can only hope that your understanding allows you all to join us during our next scheduled weekend event, programmed for 28-29 April 2012 and again on 15-16 September 2012. In the meantime, may I take this opportunity to thank you for your fantastic and loyal support during past events and to take the liberty to ask of the same for future events? We intend to come back bigger and better than ever and we would love you to be a part of that.

Kind regards and the best of wishes for the remainder of the season,