The mkiv Supra Owners Club

break or sell.

hp006

Im trying to work out whether to sell the car as it is or break it and sell off for parts. I have included a few pics

http://s3.postimage.org/1mysp2zus/car.png

http://s2.postimage.org/302j8yp2c/seats.png

http://s4.postimage.org/c4bik5r8/wheels.png

What do people think the car is worth as it stands. I have listed the parts i would sell and what i would want for them. Do people think the prices are fair? There would be other parts to sell as well. Adding all this up i make it there just under 8k in bits and would be other parts to sell too. Just trying to get the most back as i have spent over 14k on the car.

plasma dials £30, Air vents £10, Glovebox £20, pioneer speakers front rear £60, amp £45, wing mirror £45, map ecu £100, digital rltc £450, decat pipe £100, exhaust £100, UK tt engine 78k £1500, gearbox £250, uk bonnet £250, dash flocked £100, black carpet £150, leatherette roof liner 100, spoiler £50, supra matts £50, bomex body kit £200, indicators £25, fmic £125, blitz air filter £80, doors £150, uprated fuel pump £50, boot £100, braided hoses £60, aem boost controller and afr gauges £150, kenwood sat nav dnx7200 £450, electric folding mirrors just sprayed £200, uk headlights £250, hid £30, allopy catch tank £45, rear lights £60, uk brakes £600 front rear, refurbed uk 19" mania wheels £800, door cards £80, uk discs pads £150, retrimmed leather seats £800

Just what they guys have said above mate...you will probably make more if you have the time to break the car. I'm guessing that the listed prices are why you paid for those items, so you will have to appreciate that 2nd hand they are worth a fraction of what you listed above.

I think that some of your prices are very optimistic, I've had some of the items you list at 1/4 of the price for over a year and had almost no interest.

You will of course get a bit more money breaking the car, but it is a very time consuming and difficult process, endless PM's, questions, people messing you about. It can take a long time to maximise your money so I wouldn't recommend taking it on lightly.