The mkiv Supra Owners Club

help needed on a swap

jayl

right i have been offered a swap and would like to know what you guys would do

i have a m3 convertible black 51 plate fsh smg e46 63000 miles and in excellent condition

i have been offered a swap for a supra tt gz aerotop in black it is said to be in good condition at bpu level with blitz boost controller evc 5, blittz fmic with hard pipes gauges turbo timer ect ect do luck front blitz side skirts and blitz rear bumper tein suspension

the guy says the only fault is the rear spoiler has been removed which has left the signs of where it was still there holes ect and he does not have a spoiler to go on the car and it is not taxed which is nothing

and it has got a brand new mot

the other thing what im not keen on is that it has had 7 owners

so the question is what do i do is it a good deal or not ???????

here is the spec i have been given going to look today

Metallic Black Paint - Unbelievable Condition

Do Luck Front Bumper

Ultra Rare Blitz Side Skirts & Rear Bumper

18 Inch Gloss Black Alloys

Updated Headlights

Clear Side Repeaters

Tyres:

Khumo Ecstas 275/40/18 - Rears - Almost Brand New (Spare New set of Pirelli P Zeros for rear)

Pirelli P Zero 225/25/19 - Fronts - Almost Brand New

Brakes -

Standard J Spec Callipers ( Gloss Red In Colour)

Standard J Spec Discs

Red Stuff Pads - New

Interior -

Unmarked ! Full Black Leather - Amazing Condition

Momo Steering Wheel

HKS Speedos

HKS Exhaust Temp. Gauge

HKS Oil Temp. Gauge

HKS Boost Pressure Gauge

HKS EVC Boost Controller

Grey Supra Carpet Mats

Audio -

Pioneer Flip Out DVD/IPOD/CD/AUX/NAV - The Most expensive one

VIBE door Speakers

VIBE Tweeters

Vibe Amplifier Under Seat

Two 10 inch Boxed Subwoofers Behind Back Seats - Beautiful Install

Engine -

3.0 2 JZGTE Engine - 69k on the Dash

HKS Dump Valve

HKS EVC Boost Controller Settings - OFF / A / B - (0.8 bar boost & 1.0 bar boost)

HKS Induction Kit

Genuine Blitz Intercooler( Full Polished

Hard Pipe Kit) - Cost £1100. Including Hard Pipe Kit

Custom Built Exhaust System -

Decat Pipe

Walboro Fuel Pump

Suspension -

Tein Super Street Coilover Suspension

TRD Strut Braces Front & Back

right i have been offered a swap and would like to know what you guys would do

i have a m3 convertible black 51 plate fsh smg e46 63000 miles and in excellent condition

i have been offered a swap for a supra tt gz aerotop in black it is said to be in good condition at bpu level with blitz boost controller evc 5, blittz fmic with hard pipes gauges turbo timer ect ect do luck front blitz side skirts and blitz rear bumper tein suspension

the guy says the only fault is the rear spoiler has been removed which has left the signs of where it was still there holes ect and he does not have a spoiler to go on the car and it is not taxed which is nothing

and it has got a brand new mot

the other thing what im not keen on is that it has had 7 owners

so the question is what do i do is it a good deal or not ???????

7 UK owners I would say no prob mean It has not been looked after properly seriously is it worth the risk? and the bmw is lot easier to sell

only swap for a deal you c

ok guys thanks ive been to see it and it is a rough supra shame as it is a tt aerotop which i would defo swap but it was in such poor condition. bumper did not fit, bonnet did not line up interior was bad and center console hanging off in bits, full of rust underneath boot needed respray car was very tatty all over even the engine looked like it had been left in the rain for about 8 years so if anyone else sees it for sale and has to travel take it from me dont bother lol

its reg is j50 ree

i bought the car for 16k and when it arrived it was as tatty as the aerotop i just seen a complete waist of money and once you bought it you try getting your money back it just dont happen

anyway enough about them

I bought a supra from jm imports before and I was not impressed so I would not be doing that again

I've not read about a bad Supra from Jurgen before.

I'd go with what others have said and sell the M3 then buy a Supra. You're not limited to options then.

i bought the car for 16k and when it arrived it was as tatty as the aerotop i just seen a complete waist of money and once you bought it you try getting your money back it just dont happen

anyway enough about them

I very much doubt that.

hi james,

this is the car you bought in 2006

http://jm-imports.co.uk/cardetails/toyota/2006/supra1.html

as far i was aware via your emails you were really happy with it, i know when you first got it we had issues with the ECU (was our first single car that we bought and maybe it was not wise from me to send it to Turbofit to have it mapped at my cost for you)..

but after that we spoke and i assumed you liked the car.

one of my customers bought it recently and sold it for 15500 on pistonheads.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?212928-my-t88-supra

i think the only thing that let it down in 2006 was maybe the cluttered engine bay but back then single turbo cars were 20k plus.

anyway good luck with the hunt for new car and if we can help you know we will.

I have come from an e46 M3......and the M3 is really hard to sell I had an immaculate low miler and it took 3 months just to get someone to look at it....when I did it sold straight away....at a rough guess your M3 is worth 8-9k so you should be looking to swap for a mint Supra....I gave 8k for mine and its mint with thousands spent on it....mine is about 360 bhp feels a lot quicker than the M3 and more fun to drive......also parts and servicing on the Supra are pennies compared to an M3