The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Engine temperature

jazz1

Ok why is the supra compared to all other cars produce so much engine heat? Enough to burn my hand :(. Is there anything that can completely take away the engine temperatures? Even with the standard fan it's not enough.

Engines are not for "touching" whilst hot. :think:

They get hot enough to cook your breakfast whilst on your way to work.

How often to you stick your hand in a pan to see if dinner is cooking? ;)

Edited by David P (see edit history)

I know, but other performance cars like my brothers Audi and sl55 don't get this hot, I just wanted to check if it was normal.

Yeah but does your brothers cars have plastic engine covers? Any metal engine part will burn you if you touch it.

Expalins a lot Lee just pmed me, they only come on when temps hit over 97, explains why they hardly come on as the koyo rad keeps my temp at 9 and it's been lower than the stock rad I had so must be more cooling.

Read a thread about radiators and fans from a few days ago. The engine is supposed to get hot. If it runs too cold it's not good.

If you put 1L of water in the fuel tank for every 10L of fuel, it keeps it nice and cool.

Read a thread about radiators and fans from a few days ago. The engine is supposed to get hot. If it runs too cold it's not good. If you put 1L of water in the fuel tank for every 10L of fuel, it keeps it nice and cool.
Cue a McEnroe moment.... You cannot be serious?