The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fitted mikalor clamps.

jazz1

Fitted some mikalor clamps today and I can not be more happier how the car now pulls. The standard clamps with the greddy pipework used to come off as well as the hoses splitting etc. Anyways I replaced some hoses and realised two had splits, hence why my car always felt slow for a TT. Today I tested the clamps and none came off, needless to say the car pulls like it should now more faster and quicker. I have a big smile on my face as it feels proper fast :), well enough speed for me. Also spent ages cleaning so took two snaps.

I am sure other people have things that irritate the Bejesus out of them, one of my foibles is Mikalor clamps with yards of thread sticking out :) If a normal Jubilee clip, done up modestly won't hold an IC hose on the swage on the male pipe is poor. I won't mention any names but I recall one customer buying a brand new Toyota SMIC and immediately crushing / cracking a plastic inlet pipe stub with a gorilla like attitude and Mikalor clamps. Cost him about a grand.... :)

The reason my slipped of was because I used tape to cover the split hoses, then the engine heat made the tape sticky making the clamps come off. Although the standard clamps were indeed rubbish, these clamps are so much better.

I like Mikalor clamps and the correct size used correctly are fine.

Your clamps are too big hence lots of thread is sticking out and the clamps ends are virtually touching

which they wouldnt do if they were the right size.

Why do you have 3 on the T/B ?

Nice polished covers though :)