The mkiv Supra Owners Club

the good the bad and the ugly

hogmaw

THE GOOD

read this in OWNED section...

THE BAD

ditto!

THE UGLY

Saturday pm and me and my girl went outside to go to her parents in my Supe. Looking forward to it cos there is a nice drive there along dual carriageway that has no cameras... for the rest of that story see OWNED!

Anyway as soon as we got outside her front gate I notice a shiny dark blue mini, almost brand new, with a deep sratch running along the side. Other than that it's immaculate, the owner must be gutted I thought. So I walk up the street, and the car parked next to it, a Renault, has the same. My Supra, which I have had for 2 months and is gleaming, is 4 cars further on...

As expected, some fuckin wanker had had a go on it with his key - all over the bonnet, and down the side too. What a prick. Turns out there are 10 cars in the street, all keyed, and mine was done the worst! Totally uncool thing to do. I thought kids stopped doing things like that in the '80s. BASTARDS :mad:

Had a go with T Cut but not much effect. Any advice to sort this out is very welcome! Car is a '97 TT gunmetal.

If this happenend to mine, i`d want to kill the first person i saw. I don`t have a garage at my house and my car would have to sit in the street. But every night i drive it 3 miles to the next village and lock it in an alarmed warehouse. I daren`t leave in our street so i go through that hassle every evening. But it ensures my car stays unmolested by other than my own hands. I think the only way to sort the scratches out is to respray the panels. Thats when you want to be fully comp with no claims protection.

Yeah it makes you sick :(

I'm fortunate enough to have a garage and I never park the Supra on the road, not even for 10 minutes. If the vandals didn't get it, the traffic would:(

Doesn't help when I go anywhere else and have to leave it, I just try to park it away from danger, in the corner of the supermarket car park, rather than near all the trolleys, and keep an eye on it if I can.

I must admit it takes a bit of the pleasure out of it , but when you live in a world full of mindless, jealous, pricks, it's all you can do.

Some do gooder social workers would say it's because they've come from a deprived background or a broken home, and they are just releasing their pent up tensions.

Personally I think that the Arabs have got it right when they cut their fcuking hands off, but some would see that as a little extreme :D

Maybe just kick 'em in the balls ;)

Originally posted by geoffvalenti

Personally I think that the Arabs have got it right when they cut their fcuking hands off, but some would see that as a little extreme :D

Maybe just kick 'em in the balls ;)

Gutted to read this mate.. and people wonder why I want an air rifle.... snipe the bastards.

I think we should take a mix of the way the arabs deal with it, and Geoff's idea.... we should kick them, then cut their balls off.

Some might call it poetic justice!

:mad:

Really sorry for you mate.

Have you asked around to see if someone knows who did it?

Maybe worth knocking on a few doors.

If it happened to my soop and I court the poor bast*rds, I don't think I could honestly stop myself from seriously hurting them, despite any so called "deprived backgrounds"

.....just no excuse for that kinda behaviour,... I blame the parents.

little fcukers :mad:

Originally posted by lovatt

personally i would get another nice car, park there again and camp out untill they did it to this one, i cant stand this sort of thing and im sure they would be tought not to do it again, and no i wouldnt care how old they were

Winner. :flame Dev

Though, Id probably just video them, ID them, and inform all the neighboors. Maybe something else, depending on how my day was going.

Originally posted by SupraStar 3000

"deprived backgrounds"

It has nothing to do with deprived backgrounds, a lot of us on this BBS come from Deprived backgrounds...but we never went round vandalising other peoples property.

I really dont understand this sudden wave of pointless vandelism.

I bet the Police actually know who did it, as I guess its just one troublesome kid who has prob got loads of convictions for similiar mindless crimes in the area, and he would of prob had some mates with him at the time......it would take a couple of days to find who the culprit is, but the Police are obviously too busy it seems....they really should be cracking down on this kind of thing, especially during school holidays.

The same thing happened in our street a few years ago...I know who did it and their Dads got a nice BMW........we'll cant wait to the day after I move!!!!!!

:D

Originally posted by hogmaw

Any advice to sort this out is very welcome! Car is a '97 TT gunmetal.

hI MATE,

Had the same done to my Quicksilver in London a few weeks ago.

If you are lucky ant the little scrote didn't gouge too deep, you mey be able to get away with what sorted mine out (and mine looked well F*cked before I did this).

Get some "rubbing compound" from your local motor factors, and some colour coded polish.

Using a clean cotton cloth dipped in the compount and apply pressure with one finger along the direction of the scratch. Be careful with the compound as it can easily remove thin paint, so only apply light pressure. You will see the "whiteness" of the scratch fade if it isn't to deep. After this, work the area with the colour coded polish until the shine returns.

If you are lucky, and I hope you are, the paint will return to it's normal colour, and you may or may not be able to see a faint indentation in the paint where the keying was. Mine was done for about 5 foot and only 3 inches of this was deep enough to damage the paint.

I wish you luck mnate, and I like someones idea to stake out another car. They missed the bit about dragging the b*stards behind you for a quarter mile run after you catch them!:flame Dev

The other thing is that even when they DO get caught taken to court AND found guilty, the courts virtually let them off!

They either get no fine at all or they get to pay 50p a week for the rest of their natural. Sometimes community service or a conditional discharge. Pathetic!

:flame Dev

Thanks everyone for such a quick & solid show of support! The strange thing is that I live in Camden, the car lives outside on the street, and my street is the kind of place where 4 doors down there was a police raid a few weeks back (it was a crack den) and crack is openly taken in people's doorways (including mine). Not the nicest place to live, but I am moving soon, and the upshot is that I have never had a problem with my car being parked there.

It actually happened at my girlfriends, who lives in quiet road in quite a good area of Staines!:conf:

I reported it to the police but they said right away that without a witness it's unlikely that anything would happen ie just another crime statistic to be filed away. Meanwhile the little shit will be bragging to his mates and planning his session of vandalism :(

Originally posted by Green Peace

I bet the Police actually know who did it, as I guess its just one troublesome kid who has prob got loads of convictions for similiar mindless crimes in the area, and he would of prob had some mates with him at the time......it would take a couple of days to find who the culprit is, but the Police are obviously too busy it seems....they really should be cracking down on this kind of thing, especially during school holidays.

My Bro has spent the last two days chasing down little fcukers who go around vandalising things, not just cars but gardens, shops etc he says its really demoralising because if no-one actually sees them do it then there is pretty much fcuk all they can do apart from arresting them for minor offences:(

the other night he was called to a fight in a front garden, it was a bunch of schoolkids he walked up to them and asked what the fcuk is going on? so a kiddie smacked him accross the chest with a golf club!:eek: luckily he was wearing his stab-ballistic vest otherwise he would still be in hospital, needless to say the kiddie wont be getting out of prison for a while yet!

Hogmaw im totally gutted for you m8:( i hope you can get it sorted with the minimum of cost and effort

Its a bit daft really but its the law itself that allows this kind of behaviour to go unchecked. Also you can't really blame the police for not cracking down on it as like any other publicly funded organisation its underfunded and overmissmanaged at government levels.

We have gotten ourselves into such a liberal tizz that this and other stuff is draggin this country into the mire.

Now I am not advocating Enoch Powel levels of stamping down just a measured and sensible stock take of the state of the nation. There is underspending (where it is actually needed) in almost every avenue of public service with overspending in totally unecsesary buerocrasy. Laws are being written by bloody criminals (well lawyers anyway) and its all goin 2 ratshit. I am not saying that cars didnt used to get keyed all those years ago but the little shites that got caught didn't used to stand there and go ha ha ha ha ha mr what ya gonna do about it. They went ha ha mmmmmmf fuck me teeth have been knocked out:p