The mkiv Supra Owners Club

deleting one cat good enough or delete two ? (downpipe)

95supra

I have already made a thread but this is based on another question, so I hope I can get some help with this.

My main goal is to go near full BPU. I already have Blitz NUR SPEC R catback exhaust, Blitz midpipe, Blitz intercooler with 3" piping, Blitz TWIN INTAKE, and more...

My next mod I want to focus on is the downpipe. I am having a difficult time finding a FULL JDM downpipe for a decent price so I am looking at alternatives.

I found this item which is a 1st cat delete. If I get a full downpipe which deletes both cats this means I would need a 2" restrictor ring not to overboost? If I just have 1st cat delete and leave the 2nd cat in then I don't need any restrictor.

So will I make the same power with 1st cat delete apposed to full cat delete with 2" restrictor?

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/3462/supra216953753569.jpg

I may be wrong but I dont think you get 30bhp from removing a cat, the extra potential bhp can be released by taking away the restriction but the hp comes from increased boost. Alot of people keep 1 cat in and its best to keep the 2nd to take away the heat close to the engine that you would get from the first cat. I removed the second cat and left the first to start with and I still needed a restrictor ring as the car still produced to much boost with the restriction gone. Best bet if your not concerned about emissions is to double decat and pop a restrictor ring to hold back boost either to 1.1-1.2bar and be done with it or hold boost back to 1bar or so and use a boost controller to raise from there. Just removing the first cat with a good cat back exhaust is good enough though but you will more than likely still need to play with a restrictor ring