The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bomex body kit

seba

Heya guys i have someone here who bought my supra, now he is asking if i can get him a bomex bodykit. I have no experience with fitment of bodykits so does anyone know where i could buy a bomexkit wich has a decent fitment? I don't know how many different types of bomexkits there are, he just said bomex bodykit, altough he finds the rearspats ugly so just the frontbumper and sideskirts would do actually.

:rolleyes: bad information i know, just someone point me in a good direction please.

Thx

How come you feel obliged to help find him a bodykit?

Tell him to do some research and get one himself!

I know josh, but sometimes when you have a split second to get of your seat and turn of the computer, and take a look out of the window, you will see a place called real life (you know that place that doesn't start with "www....").

Well this magical place is popullated by human beings (these are some sort of non-digital interacting forms) who can be harsh on eachother, but sometimes they do kind things for another human being, this is called being nice.

After different succesfull nice interactions the other being will think of you as friendly, if this friendly status is afterwards rewarded by the other person being friendly to you, the relationship between them changes and a friendship is created.

This friendship is different from the one you create in a chatroom, and provides you with joy and laughter, good times and even more friends.

So as long as being nice to another person can't actually hurt you, there is no reason for not helping him. I don't know if you understand this, i tried to explain it as simple as possible. I could provide you with some lectural masterpieces like 'basic human interactions' and 'Why does my neighbour hate me'. You would have to pay postage for them tough.

I should thank you for the intrest you showed in the thread i started, and for helping me and this other friendly human being out with your sophisticated reply. But i won't, as i would be lying, and lying is not nice, and if you're not nice you can't build a friendship, and don't get me wrong Josh, i DO want to be your friend.

I know josh, but sometimes when you have a split second to get of your seat and turn of the computer, and take a look out of the window, you will see a place called real life (you know that place that doesn't start with "www....").

Well this magical place is popullated by human beings (these are some sort of non-digital interacting forms) who can be harsh on eachother, but sometimes they do kind things for another human being, this is called being nice.

After different succesfull nice interactions the other being will think of you as friendly, if this friendly status is afterwards rewarded by the other person being friendly to you, the relationship between them changes and a friendship is created.

This friendship is different from the one you create in a chatroom, and provides you with joy and laughter, good times and even more friends.

So as long as being nice to another person can't actually hurt you, there is no reason for not helping him. I don't know if you understand this, i tried to explain it as simple as possible. I could provide you with some lectural masterpieces like 'basic human interactions' and 'Why does my neighbour hate me'. You would have to pay postage for them tough.

I should thank you for the intrest you showed in the thread i started, and for helping me and this other friendly human being out with your sophisticated reply. But i won't, as i would be lying, and lying is not nice, and if you're not nice you can't build a friendship, and don't get me wrong Josh, i DO want to be your friend.

:D

Knights racer have bomex replica kits, I would say thats your best bet.

:blink:

I'm not saying tell him to do one. I meant, as you said "i have someone here who bought my supra, now he is asking if i can get him a bomex bodykit", that to me sounded like he was expecting you to get him one and he wasn't trying to look.

I know it's nice to help people out and I would do (of course) too. It's just the way you said it sounded like he was hassling you to get him one.

Sorry for the confusion and for making you write such an odd post this time of night..

:D Ace.

On another note, as has already been said, there is Knight Racer and Replikit(although both of these are dubious in fitment), if the budget allows, I think MVP still do the original Bomex kit.

Thanks Seba - that reply cheered me up :D

As already mentioned - Knight racer do replicas

http://www.knightracer.com/shop/index.php?route=product/category&path=38_57

haha strange post but funny:D try knight racer like others have said thats going to be the best compromise for fitment and price I rekon, I bought my front bumper from them- not a bomex though

look at my garage of pics of my car im not sure about price for bomex kith but i bought do luck front trial rear veilside sides and arch extentions for £900 and it came within 5 days in good solid quality if you ring them and speak to tim lo he would do a very good deal for you

LoL made me happy thers people like me out there .:)

mate sharpe has a set of skirts for sale at the moment, as for the bumper I have just bought one from knight racer so will let you all know how the fitment is , I should be getting the car back on friday or saturday

Yes please let me know how fitment is !

replikit make to order within a week delivered perfect fit i bought my kit from them ask for tim lo he owns the company and is a great help

Replikit are these guys? http://www.replikit.co.uk/kitdesign.htm Just not sure because their name seems to be aerokit on the site? Can't find other company so should be these i guess.

I find it a strange site, if you check the bodykits for a supra it's quit hard to know what you're looking at. But if the fitment is as good as you say i'd rather go with these guys.

Anyone else has experience with them?

i have looked at the site and they have changed it not for the better but aerokit and replikit are the same guys i know tim lo well as i was his first customer when he started off 10 years ago i have bought a few kits from him now all for supras i have owned 6 in total and all fit perfect the latest one i bought was very good strong well made and body shop said it fitted easy they come nicely finished gel coated :) i will be contacting them again soon for a new kit for another sup in the pipe line :)

i have looked at the site and they have changed it not for the better but aerokit and replikit are the same guys i know tim lo well as i was his first customer when he started off 10 years ago i have bought a few kits from him now all for supras i have owned 6 in total and all fit perfect the latest one i bought was very good strong well made and body shop said it fitted easy they come nicely finished gel coated :) i will be contacting them again soon for a new kit for another sup in the pipe line :)

I would say next time you contact or visit them tell them to do something about their site, it's not really userfriendly. And they only have 2 bodykits for supra? Including the OEM one? Or can they make more if you call them?

Yes please let me know how fitment is !

alright mate i've had the one from knight racer fitted, now it looks a fit and doesnt stick out at the bottom however the bit in the middle near the lights isnt that good will get some pics up in a bit when i manage to drag myself out of bed

alright mate i've had the one from knight racer fitted, now it looks a fit and doesnt stick out at the bottom however the bit in the middle near the lights isnt that good will get some pics up in a bit when i manage to drag myself out of bed

Ok thx! I'm about to make the order but still have to choose between knightracer and another one but they seem more expensive.

:D - That made me laugh out loud.

As mentioned I'd be weary of any replica kits as the fitments can be dodgy or not 100%

You should explain to him that on arrival the garage will need to work on the kit to make it close to 100% as possible.