The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Feel like giving up at times!

djg99

My cars been if the road for over a year now, finally finished the engine rebuild turn the key and nothing :-( it turns over but just won't fire up! kinda gutted it didnt start and now on a bit of a downer feel like giving up. But I no once she fires up Ill have a perment smile on my face. Checked the battery which is fine, going to check plugs nex, then onto reading and using the search button!!

im sure you will keep at it i know you do get dis heartend after such a thing but im sure take a step back have a nights sleep and new things to check will come to you. good luck mate. im sure i will be rebuilding at some point and bet will be in the same place. so please remember me when its my turn :D

Yeah did it myself with the help of my brother in law who's built loads of engines for his track cars. Found a few threads so fingers crossed. If that doesn't work I'll be posting in the technical section :-(

Cheers wiggy might drop you a pm ;-)

Cheers for the comments guys been really helpfull:-) after trying several different things i thought id just have a look around all the clips etc just to make sure there all on and then i find this?? not sure what it is or where it goes, hopfully this is my problem but for now ive had enough and going to bed lol.

crank.JPG

I think it's for the stock boost solenoid at a guess.

One thing I'll point out though as I also just put mine back together and had the same problem, if your looking at the car from the front, there is a a black box that sit's to the right near the strut top, it has 2 connections that go into it and 1 that goes on it's frame, make sure that the connectors have a good connection and that it's bolted down properly to make a decent ground connection.

You can see it here in between the fusebox and the chrome thing on the far right:

Cheers for the comments guys been really helpfull:-) after trying several different things i thought id just have a look around all the clips etc just to make sure there all on and then i find this?? not sure what it is or where it goes, hopfully this is my problem but for now ive had enough and going to bed lol.

That looks like the harness side connector for the crank position sensor - it's fairly important!

Cheers Chris and the others who said it was the crank sensor! Got under the car and found a clip taped up from when I painted the block. It was a pain in the back side to get to but once free and connected the car started :-) so well happy. Got someone coming to look at it tomorrow, on start up tho there was some smoke coming from the back of the engine :-( so turned it straight off!!!

Cheers Chris and the others who said it was the crank sensor! Got under the car and found a clip taped up from when I painted the block. It was a pain in the back side to get to but once free and connected the car started :-) so well happy. Got someone coming to look at it tomorrow, on start up tho there was some smoke coming from the back of the engine :-( so turned it straight off!!!

What colour?

There will have bound to be some black smoke on start up and maybe some blue aswell, after my N/A had been sat for a month and half, you should of seen the amount of black smoke it kicked out the first time I put my foot down, but after that it was fine.