The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hey All :)

Guest ClioSXT

Guest ClioSXT

Hi All.

Im Craig, I currently own a 2007 Renault Clio Dynamique SX (VIBE audio), and a 1996 Nissan Patrol Y60 4.2P.

Im 21 years old (nearly 22) and I'm a Sound Engineer/Acoustic Technician from Nottingham.

I've always hung my nose over Supra Mk4, But due to Cost (insurance!) Ive never been able to get my hands on one :(.

I have a few mates who i believe are on hear with their Supra's who have sent me to get signed up :)

I've been looking at different places (AutoTrader,Piston heads ETC) and ending up scratching my head when it comes to the descriptions (GZ/RZ/Uk/Euro) but hopefully ill be able to figure it out soon :D.

Ill post some pictures my cars so you all can have a gander :)

Thanks

Craig (ClioSXT)

Welcome to the forum :)

Have a really good read of these guides; http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/forumdisplay.php?60-Basic-Supra-Guides

Also, if you pay the £10 membership fee, you can have a look in the classifieds section on here at members' cars. If you do purchase a members' car then at least you can see it's history and hopefully it'll have been maintained to a high level.

Guest ClioSXT

Im just having a look through them PDF's Josh, and i have to say they are more than useful :D

Side note, were would be the best place to post pics of my "non-Supra's" and descriptions?

Welcome. I had a Clio as my first car :)

Im just having a look through them PDF's Josh, and i have to say they are more than useful :D

Side note, were would be the best place to post pics of my "non-Supra's" and descriptions?

The Off Topic section would be a good place for that

Guest ClioSXT

Cheers :) My clio is my 3rd car .... Patrol ... Yaris T-Sport (Wrote off ...) .... Clio ... (Supra NEXT !!! :D)

Going thought all the Topics of others Supra Builds have just made me .... well ... you can work that one out :p

and ill be posted some pics and Descriptions in the Off Topic Section in a few moments.

I had a clio as my first ever and only brand new car! Welcome to the club, lots of friendly people here who will be happy to help and point you in the correct direction. Those PDF's are brilliant, helped me out no end when I was looking to buy. I just wish I could have been able to buy at 22 :)

Good luck on your search and keep us posted!!

Guest ClioSXT

Pictures are now up.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?251375-My-Cars-Nissan-Patrol-and-Renault-Clio-SX

the reason why I'm looking into a supra is ...

1. I've found there actually cheeper to insure than my 1.2 clio .... even when it comes to a Twin-turbo Manual :/

2. Always wanted a Straight 6 Turbo. I Come from a family of straight 6 lovers, and they like to Mock me for my inline four :(

3. IT'S A FREEKING SUPRA MAN !!! :D

Edited by ClioSXT (see edit history)

1. I've found there actually cheeper to insure than my 1.2 clio .... even when it comes to a Twin-turbo Manual :/

That will be for a mk3, insurance companies always mess that bit up as there is no way a group 20 car will be less to insure than a little 1.2, it's just common sense, plus, you probably put in that is was a UK car(manual ones of these are rather rare).

Guest ClioSXT

Yeh i really dont understand insurance companies. i did quotes comparing the clio to the patrol e.g 3200 for the clio for 1 year .... The Patrol, (group 14 or 17, i can't remember of the top of my head) came back at 2400 :/ and for supra that i "Borrowed" its reg of tinter bob (P-reg) came back at 2600 fully comp :/ so i can't really explain, but i will be making a lot of calls etc to figure out which is the best model to get insured on etc (as i dont want to end up with a car that i can't get insured on)

Mind you ... my 1.5 Yaris T-sport was quoted at 7k on the net :/ but i got that down to 900 with a phone call :D so i dont believe the numbers they quote on the net.

But i'll just have to see what they Jury (Insurance company's) say when gets to that point, still got a lot of hunting and info i need cramming into my head about the workings of Supras and the differences between them (thanks to the PDF's) :)

That will be for a mk3, insurance companies always mess that bit up as there is no way a group 20 car will be less to insure than a little 1.2, it's just common sense, plus, you probably put in that is was a UK car(manual ones of these are rather rare).

Marc is right, I was looking for my supra a year ago when I was 21 and the lowest insurance quote I got was 3500 for an import. Which is why I got my UK spec because I would rather spend the 2500 extra on the car as it was only 1000 to insure it. It is your responsibility to make sure the insurance details are correct even if you provide a reg no as they are not liable for incorrect records at the DVLA.

I found this out when I had my MG ZR 160 which is a 1.8 with VVC but they had it as a 120 which is a 1.8 non VVC, the numbers denote the PS rating so its quite considerable. I only noticed when it came to renewal and I rang them up to tell them about some modifications. Wondered why they were considerably cheaper than anyone else. They wanted to back date my insurance premium which I said wasn't going to happen, they also tried telling me it had had an engine transplant as it was definitely a 120. I knew it hadn't as I had the original bill of receipt, the V5 coo-berated this and the engine number matched.

Guest ClioSXT

yeh I've noticed that quite a lot when trying to get quotes, putting in certain Reg's of say a auto supra, and then it comes up saying a manual (dont no if this is a description error on there part) but thats for bringing this up, as i will keep a eye our for any discrepancies :)

Guest ClioSXT

I've got a couple of mates with supras, Ash and Emma (NA-T and Twin-turbo i think) and wuwsupra, think his is twin turbo also. I'm already badgering Emma and Ash for a go in theres (Hint HINT!!:)

the only problem is, that even a N/A is a major performance upgrade for me. going from a 1.2 turbo to a 3.0 is a big difference, even with being used to a 4.2 patrol (AKA Tank) if its a supra with Turbo(s)!! would be a dream come true (believe it or not)

its the feeling of having a large engine under the bonnet and all that extra power when you need it, not having to worry about getting the gears right to get up a small hill etc (something i like with the patrol)

I shall Continue bugging them Till they give in :D