The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sun bleached door handles?

RedSZ

Very lightly cut them back with 'G3' or one of those small scratch remover tubes of stuff.

Go carefull especially on the edges, you could also try Neilsons Blue, Termi was selling this stuff and I did a whole Toyota estate (bleached Red!) with it and G3, came up like new.

Try this before paying out for paint.

Paul

The paint on my car isn't great - loads of fine scratches show through even after 10 hours of polishing with the Autoglym kit!!!

Any idea where I can get the Nielsens stuff?

I tired to some sort of Nielsens polish from Halfrauds - had a goldish coloured label but not specifically marked as "Nielsens gold", just "Nielsens. This was no where near as good as the autogylm stuff. Not sure if this is the same as the Nielsens stuff mentioned before...

Unless I can find anything to sort out the paint I'm seriously considering taking it back to Dude for a full respray... (over $1.5k eek!)

My red door handles are also going a nice shade of pink. To be fair though the car is nearly 12 years old and seems to mostly have original paintwork. A good coat of zymol polish seems to temporarily give me back a decent red finish but it doesnt last forever. I am sure a decent T-cut or rubbing compound would return the colour to its former glory but would then require a laquer coat to prevent it just getting scratched up again

Neilson 'Blue' is the one with the mild cut in it, I got mine from Terminator on this BBS, as the name suggests it's blue in colour:D

The G3, well I got a litre of this and as I said, did a whole car. This stuff is the b*llocks but must be used with care as it'll take paint off on edges no problem.

I invested in a polisher and a foam applicator head too, seeings I had to do a whole car.

The art is to keep moving, don't rub in one place all the time and add water, on a large job spray a fine mist to keep the panel and paint cool and to stop the stuff turning into a thick paste.

BTW, I am no professional and I'm sure some of the paint guys can give better advice on how to use this stuff, but I did manage to get good results for myself even though I took ages.

Paul