The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TT De-cat with afr & egt Flange pics?

tony tt

As above guys anyone got any pics of the first tt de-cat with the afr & egt probes welded on?

I've ordered my de-cat from Paul Whiffin but need to get these welded on to fit new guages shortly.

Theres a 1/8 npt tap to go into the decat pipe for both guages but just need a look at what it looks like as i havent seen

it before.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by tony tt (see edit history)

Ah ok i see now ill check when i get in from work Jurgen and pm you. If the lug needs to be made on the pipe would you do that on the day or me prior to arrival?
better to have it done prior to arrival but since your 2nd decat is on maybe both on first..

you can buy adpaters etc.. let me look tomorrow i will try and make it as easy as i can for you and me.

It's pointless having an EGT probe AFTER the turbo(s), it needs to be in a manifold runner or collector. I put them as near the port as possible, what you are really tying to measure is combustion temps, a probe in the cylinder is the ideal, but very costly and tricky.

11/32 inch is the recommended tapping drill size for a 1/8 NPT thread.

AFR probes are nearly always 18mm thread size, now way one will go in a 1/8 NPT hole ;) I sell weld on adaptors and blanking bungs for AFR (O2 sensor) probes.

It's pointless having an EGT probe AFTER the turbo(s), it needs to be in a manifold runner or collector. I put them as near the port as possible, what you are really tying to measure is combustion temps, a probe in the cylinder is the ideal, but very costly and tricky.

11/32 inch is the recommended tapping drill size for a 1/8 NPT thread.

AFR probes are nearly always 18mm thread size, now way one will go in a 1/8 NPT hole ;) I sell weld on adaptors and blanking bungs for AFR (O2 sensor) probes.

you got any pics on a TT set up for EGT sensor .. on single turbos is straight forward..an easy to get to..

i guess we can use the AFR on 1st decat with a bung (i will get part tomorrow) and egt we can drill and tap onto manifold runner..(if its easy enought to get too) ..

got any pics on a TT set up of were EGT probe is tapped.

I don't have any photos but I have literally put dozens of EGI probes in the number one runner right by the port on TT Supras. Just a bit of removing to get at the heat shield to either hole saw a hole in it, or use tin snips to trim the corner back. Drill and tap manifold, using grease to catch swarf, add adaptor, add probe, a few bits back on and job done. I charge £50 for doing this.

I don't have any photos but I have literally put dozens of EGI probes in the number one runner right by the port on TT Supras. Just a bit of removing to get at the heat shield to either hole saw a hole in it, or use tin snips to trim the corner back. Drill and tap manifold, using grease to catch swarf, add adaptor, add probe, a few bits back on and job done. I charge £50 for doing this.
cool thanks for info.