The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HKS FCD Installation Instructions

drift_bear

If the mods think that this is in the wrong area then feel free to move it :)

after i done my BPU at the weekend, thought i would do a write up about doing certain things, the main 1 i had problems with was finding instructions on how to do the HKS FCD so i took pics as i went along to help out anyone else and also to follow back incase i done something lol.

Only attempt if you are confident with a spanner!

Tools required: Phillips screwdriver, 10mm and 12mm spanner, wire clippers, crimping tool.

Parts required: HKS FCD (set to number 9 on the FCD itself!)

Steps:

You need to remove the foot rest from the passengers footwell to expose the ECU. Undo the two phillips head snaps holding the carpet down and pull the carped back to expose the plastic foot rest. Remove it by undoing the two 10mm nuts.

You then need to un-clip the ECU pin blocks out from each section, there is a single and then a double ECU pin unit. These can be a pain to do to start with due to the ammount of wire there is down there. Once you get the single connector off it will look like this

Once you have that off, if you feel in the middle of the double connectors, you will find a 10mm bolt, un do that and then un-clip as usual

Then once these are done you can remove the ECU

Once that is done and removed it is now time for the fun part, and that is locating what wire goes where! it can be a pain to do but once you realise which way it sits then its not to bad. All the pins in the ECU are numbered, so you have to look to see them!

RED WIRE - Splice to wire marked 'B' on ECU diagram (Either pins 31 or 33)

BLACK WIRE - Splice to wire marked 'E' on ECU diagram (Ground)

YELLOW WIRE - To pressure signal wire marked 'P' on ECU diagram (Pin 62)

WHITE WIRE - To wiring loom side of original pressure signal wire.

The wires you need all have male/female connectors on them already so al lyou need to do is unplug them and then use the connectors that come with the FCD carefully splice them together! you can see in the pic below the connector that is unplugged is where the RED WIRE connects to

The YELLOW WIRE and WHITE WIRE connect to the pressure sensing wire which must be cut (not spliced). Cut the wire a sufficient distance from the connector block, then crimp on the connectors. YELLOW connects to the ECU side, WHITE to the vehicle loom side.

I then put the ECU back together again and stuck my FCD to the front of the ECU (the bottom left bolt holding the ecu to the footwell is where i grounded my BLACK WIRE and used the shell as the earth.

Then i started up the car to make sure that it was running right. It will take a couple of mins for your ECU to re-learn its idle point again so dont automatically think that there is something wrong. Once you are happy with it then switch off the car and then start putting the footwell back together again.

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Sorry to ressurect, but if im reading this right, am I right in thinking that the red and black wires are simply spliced in but the original pressure signal wire is cut and the white wire is joined to the loom side of the pressure wire and the yellow wire is joined to the ECU side, so the FCD is effctively a "bridge" betweent he 2 sides of the cut pressure wire (assumedly to intercept the signal, aler it and feed it to the ecu))?

fcd looks like its installed right to me

this is basically it

RED WIRE - Splice to wire marked 'B' on ECU diagram (Either pins 31 or 33)

BLACK WIRE - Splice to wire marked 'E' on ECU diagram (Ground)

YELLOW WIRE - To pressure signal wire marked 'P' on ECU diagram (Pin 62)

WHITE WIRE - To wiring loom side of original pressure signal wire.

just need to make sure the ecu pin outs are the same but either way still cut the pressure signal wire and splice the power and earth

Edited by ashbuster (see edit history)

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...