The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nur Spec or RSR

terribleturner

Now i know there have been sooooo many threads reguarding this subject, but which one??

1. Which has the deepest/loudest sound?

2. Do they make any difference to performance?

3. Has anyone tried both? or even heard both of them?

I know that the RSR has better clearance, but im not too bothered with that.

Cheers

Originally posted by terribleturner

1. Which has the deepest/loudest sound?

2. Do they make any difference to performance?

3. Has anyone tried both? or even heard both of them?

I know that the RSR has better clearance, but im not too bothered with that.

Having researched this and spent a fair amount of time looking at and listening to exhausts, I'll give you the results of my findings.

1. They both sound good, the Nur Spec is quieter than the RSR probably due to the additional silencer. The RSR doesn't boom at motorway speeds (IMHO) where I've been told by a few owners that the Nur spec can do at times. TBH not a lot to choose in sound quality

2. By my seat of the pants method, no difference whatsoever :) Unless you decat you're not going to get much of a performance gain as the cats are by far the most restrictive part of the exhaust system.

3. As in 1, I've heard both, and driven cars with each on.

As for not being worried about ground clearance, I'd advise you to rethink. The Nur spec does hang pretty low and a lot of the more vicious speed humps can leave you grounded, the RSR has a clearance much nearer the stock system.

Both of them are well made systems, the Nur spec is polished throughout, the RSR just the back box, they've both got removable silencers which tone the noise down a degree but personally I can't see I'll ever use mine :D

OK, so after all that I bought the RSR, for 2 reasons, firstly ground clearance which is of paramount importance here in South London, and secondly the sound, I wanted all the noise I could get :)

Whichever you get you won't regret it, I haven't turned my ICE on since I got the RSR, and I'm always looking for places to go in the car so I can hear the burble/growl/roar!

Someone on here is selling a new Nur spec ATM (sorry can't remember who) Paul E (Miami GT) will sort you out for an RSR)

Iv'e heard both and the RSR seems to be that bit louder and has a deeper rumble, as for performance wise i have a stock exhaust and then went out in a J spec with an RSR with decat and the difference was amazing, quite gutted i suppose is a good word!:(

Big big difference.! I'd get an RSR but its personal choice over what you want and looks..

Also Leett has an Nur Spec and that sounds amazing when he gives it some, just not as loud as the RSR..

Originally posted by Graham S

Iv'e heard both and the RSR seems to be that bit louder and has a deeper rumble, as for performance wise i have a stock exhaust and then went out in a J spec with an RSR with decat and the difference was amazing, quite gutted i suppose is a good word!:(

the car you went out in though was a jspec.when you decat and add an exhaust to your car you wont notice that much difference.you need a boost controller to really feel the benefits

leett

you need a boost controller to really feel the benefits

Why!!!

Does the boost controller raise the boost?

I've got a VVTI with Nur Spec R and hit 0.9 bar , hoping the decat that I'm getting very very very soon will raise it to something approaching 1.2 bar.

Originally posted by merckx

leett

Why!!!

Does the boost controller raise the boost?

I've got a VVTI with Nur Spec R and hit 0.9 bar , hoping the decat that I'm getting very very very soon will raise it to something approaching 1.2 bar.

yes the boost controller raises the boost but you wont need one as you have a jspec. in fact when you decat you will probably have to lower the boost with a restrictor ring available from chris wilson

Originally posted by Gaz Walker

The RS-R Exmag GT2 isn't a stainless system, which is why we dont sell them :)

Gaz, I think you'll find that the RSR is all stainless steel.

It's constructed of 304 polished stainless steel for the muffler section, and 409 ceramic coated stainless steel piping.

Just because its not shiny it doesn't always mean to say that it's not stainless steel :)

Originally posted by geoffvalenti

Gaz, I think you'll find that the RSR is all stainless steel.

It's constructed of 304 polished stainless steel for the muffler section, and 409 ceramic coated stainless steel piping.

Just because its not shiny it doesn't always mean to say that it's not stainless steel :)

I've been told by RS-R direct the GT-2 (which is now discontinued BTW) isnt fully stainless. The mid-pipe is steel, back box is 304 yep :)

There replacement system is fully 304 polished stainless however :)

Regards,

Gaz.

So basically what you are saying is..

Yes the old ones were coated S/S

The new ones are S/S

But just longer...:p

That is the reply was longer - not the exhaust - which would not fit if it was longer...

We are now supplying the new ones - which are the same as the old ones - but just a bit different...

But our new alternative will be better than both...

:thumbs: :p