The mkiv Supra Owners Club

help me understand Sequential vs TTC please

95supra

okay so people always say they are running in Sequential mode or TTC.

I know that with one mode both turbo's spool at the sametime. In another mode one turbo will spool up first followed by the 2nd??

So lets say I get my car tuned. Is there a electric control I can get to switch between Sequential and TTC?

also which mode is better to run in?

I am new to turbo Supra's so trying to understand this better.

Not many people run ttc all the time. And not everyone like it as it is a bit unresponsive and laggy iirc. your essentially making the system perform unlike it's intended

I think the only way you are able to electronically swap between the two is with a ecu and remap? £££. Could be wrong

I liked TTC. I found it better than the sequential setup for everyday driving. Better MPG and a more predictable power curve so easier to launch and modulate throttle inputs through corners. I did have mine mapped though, and that's essential to get to best from it.

On the other hand, it is noisier and it is obviously more laggy, but I've also seen slightly better power figures from TTC.

I use to run mine in TTC as I preferred the more linear power delivery, you do lose a fair bit of low down response but gain through mid rev range. Mine was mapped to suit TTC setup, I wouldn't run TTC with the stock ECU.

I ran for a year on TTC and a year on sequential, I think both have their bonus points. TTC seemed louder, slightly better MPG and when it kicked in it really was a nice instant kick but you have to have a heavier right foot to get the most out of it.

Sequential is amazing low down, slightly worse MPG if you are hammering it and loses a bit of 'drama' somehow but you cant beat that low down turbo spool.

I am currently running sequential.