The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Passenger Window Problems

Stewart10

Every since I've had my Supra I've had problems with the passenger window. It tends to need on average about 12 attempts before it shuts, and even more if using the passenger door control to try to open or close it. And when the car is on an up slope it seems to take even longer (really don't know why that would be!!??

I've recently taken the door off the driver's side to clean it all and since putting it back on it now seems to take even longer for it to work... really don't know what this could be, is it something anyone else has had an issue with??

Had the same problem with Lindsay's car, i took off the side panel of the door and then disconnected everything, turns out the cable going to the motor with just in slightly and was very tight running from the door to in behind the dash.

Disconnect everything and replug, see if that helps?

it could be if the window has been taken out before and not fitted right, its not alligned properly so touches the sides and goes up slowly.

so could poss need re-adjusting??

or early signs of the mech failing? the cables start to snap and get caught on the mech....