The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The great North West Convoy

rob wild

Which date would be best?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which date would be best?

• Date1:- 18/09/2011
    • Date2 25/09/2011

Right was thinking about this after seeing 50+ Ford Mustang owner in the States going through New York :)

Here's the plan the meet would start at the base of the North West section i.e. Warrington (probably Mascrat Manor M6 Junction 21). Then up the M6 to the next meeting point (Charnock Richard services Near junction 27). From their the final meeting place would be Lancaster services. Then onto Lakes for perhaps a lunch in Kendal (Booth's). I was thinking it would be a Sunday so nice and quiet on the roads. Please suggest dates that might be good for everyone :)

Now condsidering that there is over 40+ names on the below list it would be great to get 30+ car together.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?221072-Please-Read-****NW-Event-Register*****/page4

Names below:-

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was thinking a couple of Sunday's before JAE and after Suprapod :) I'll add some dates shortly in a poll.

Ahh, we were thinking this would be after JAE. We only get back off holiday in the last week in August and the JAE is a fortnight later. It was for this reason that we dropped out of the campingpancake weekend.

H.

Ahh, we were thinking this would be after JAE. We only get back off holiday in the last week in August and the JAE is a fortnight later. It was for this reason that we dropped out of the campingpancake weekend.

H.

Well how about we add a few dates after JAE as that might be better anyway as hopefully more people will be back from holidays etc :)

Guest devaduo

It would make a nice trip out

maybe put forward some dates

Ever mindful of school/family holidays

Tho

Graham

Absolutely Stock UK TT 6 Speed Manual (owned for over 8 yrs)

Guest Enthumo

I'll be joining Jimmy in his car if it goes ahead - has anyone been over by Devil's Bridge in Kirkby Lonsdale? Just a thought for a stopping place for food (bacon buttie-type van - decent one too), plus the roads on the way there are pretty fun through some of the country lanes.

Normally a fair few bikers & decent cars parked up there so may well make an interesting stopping place - again just a thought, think it's on the way to Kendal / near-by.

Rob

Edited by Enthumo (see edit history)

I'll be joining Jimmy in his car if it goes ahead - has anyone been over by Devil's Bridge in Kirkby Lonsdale? Just a thought for a stopping place for food (bacon buttie-type van - decent one too), plus the roads on the way there are pretty fun through some of the country lanes.

Normally a fair few bikers & decent cars parked up there so may well make an interesting stopping place - again just a thought, think it's on the way to Kendal / near-by.

Rob

I know it well, just not sure if there would be enough room for 20 cars or so. It's normally packed with bikers. That said, the roads around there are fantastic.

How about a nip into Sedbergh for a pint. We would then go towards Hawes and Kirkby Stephen for lunch or tea? These are the same roads we did on the camping trip I organised a year or two ago.

H.

Really pleased this is getting some interest and it would be great to see 20+ cars on the go!

What I might do if its ok with everyone is have a chat with Havard, Sted, Ian etc (if that's ok with those) and get a route planned for the lakes :) Just to make sure its a good one! Please keep the ideas coming though guys and please add your name to the list!

Really pleased this is getting some interest and it would be great to see 20+ cars on the go!

What I might do if its ok with everyone is have a chat with Havard, Sted, Ian etc (if that's ok with those) and get a route planned for the lakes :) Just to make sure its a good one! Please keep the ideas coming though guys and please add your name to the list!

It sounds like a good excuse for a pint and a chat?

Although the last time we had an organising meet, we didn't achieve a lot really..!!

H.