The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Recent Facelift Lights Purchase - Queries & help needed

marbleapple

Evening All,

I am planning to buy another Supra in the near future so I have been buying a few bits in advance as and when I can get them cheap.

I have bought some facelift lights from eBay from rmscarparts2011rees (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-Supra-1998-Breaking-Engine-Gearbox-Parts-/110714831626?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19c71e430a).

They came tonight I think there are a few things wrong. Photos below. A bit of the casing is missing, some wires have been cut and there is a dead fly!

I am tempted to kick off and complain but before I do I want to get my facts right. Can anyone help me with the below questions please.

1. Will the missing bit be seen when the lights are fitted to the car?

2. Is there any way I can remove the dead fly. How did it get there in the first place?!

3. The red wire on each light appears to not be connected to the white connector. Is it meant to be like that and is there any reason for this?

4. One of the red wires is really long. I thought it might be a reverse light conversion but if this is the case would it be the middle light?

5. There appears to be a green cable cut on each. Any ideas as to why and whether this will be a problem?

6. Can the wiring easily be fixed?

Thoughts and comments much appreciated guys.

Lights cost £100 for the pair.

The cut wires look as if the vehicle it came off of has had a rear fog lamp conversion. Instead of having four brake lites it has only got two now and the fog switch has been wired into the the spare brake lights.Easy fix if you want to change it back, just join the green wires back.

As for the fly try putting an airline into the lights and force it out with air.

As for the bit missing i think there is a mounting point there which has broken off.

Edited by L18msy (see edit history)

The cut wires look as if the vehicle it came off of has had a rear fog lamp conversion. Instead of having four brake lites it has only got two now and the fog switch has been wired into the the spare brake lights.Easy fix if you want to change it back, just join the green wires back.

As for the fly try putting an airline into the lights and force it out with air. HTH

Cheers pal for the reply. Would you expect a fog light conversion on each light?

Cheers pal for the reply. Would you expect a fog light conversion on each light?

My car has the exact same done, it has two fog lamps. You might as well do both as you would need to cut the n/s wire anyway as you would have three brake lamps if you didn't, it looks better than having a Halfords strap on fog lamp hanging from the bumper like some imports have.

Is there a bit of lamp still in the box? The bit that has broke off?

:rlol:

I thought I'd cheer you up, but that cracked me up instead! :D

She'd kill me if she knew I had said that.

They are my legs in reality. My father is an ape so I am covered head to toes in hair.

As for cheering up, I need to learn from my mistakes and stop dealing with dodgy traders. My own fault.

Wow I'm surprised by that. Thanks pal