The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How much to declare? - mods

qaisar

Dude ive tried liv vic, first they quoted me on an supra FI which seemed to be a mk3 then when i pointed out that its a twin turbo they said cant insure me till im 30!

leett is urs classed as a classic because 10 years old? if so wont work with mine as its a '98

im 27 too with 4yrs ncd (except my bike was stolen last november so think thats wrecked my ncd although still able to get a letter from insurance o to say i have 4 yrs ncd)

Originally posted by qaisar

leett is urs classed as a classic because 10 years old? if so wont work with mine as its a '98

im 27 too with 4yrs ncd (except my bike was stolen last november so think thats wrecked my ncd although still able to get a letter from insurance o to say i have 4 yrs ncd)

im not sure to be honest, i didnt ask for a classic policy. still worth trying mate

Liverpool Victoria are w*nkers, well they were in my case.

Well steep, told they favoured UK's, mines a UK and they don't !

Then heard they favour over 30's, I'm over 30 and guess what, they don't.

They seem to have different kids on the phone who just make up prices, no real pattern to the qoutes that people are getting?

Paul

Exactly ! That's my feeling too.

This guy who's name is banded in other threads, seems he's on work experience trying to bump up comission ?

I guess if people have the correct paperwork from LV then fine, just make sure that it's all in order and he ain't covered you for a Metro instead :D

In the end I stuck with Bell Direct, have been for 3 years now and at £450 with a couple of mods they can't be beat ( for my age/circumstances)

Paul

Guest Sakura
Originally posted by mcanny

LV don't even offer a consistant service when you speak to the same person... I'm just waiting to see what happens when someone needs to make a claim.

They worry me.

They are OK sometimes! I have been with LV for about ten years. Have had an import (Pajero) insured with them for 4+ years, and have had to claim a hefty amount when some idiot in a BMW smashed into it while it was parked. He hit it so hard, he shunted it up a big kerb and onto the pavement - only doing 30mph, mind. LV paid up no problem, even though I had lots of undeclared mods (they said they were only interested in engine mods). Prior to that, I wrote off another car and they paid up quickly and with no quibbles.

Quotes are another matter - it really does seem to depend on who you speak to on any particular day. They do seem to be very inconsistent:( :twak: